Members are summoned to attend the Community Engagement Committee meeting to be held on Thursday 13th July 2023 at 7.30pm in the Conference room in the Village Centre. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Viv Aloy Assistant Clerk to the Council
Committee Membership: Cllr Claire Majsai (Chair), Cllr Bob Sampson, Cllr Mike Avery, Cllr Helen Bedford, Cllr Duncan Ranger, Cllr Lindsay Thompson, Councillor Mark Froud, and Councillor Susan Dyke.
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. To elect the Vice-Chair of the Community Engagement Committee for the following year: To receive nominations and elect a Vice-Chair of the Committee for the following year.
4. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Community Engagement Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 9th March 2023 Community Engagement Committee meeting.
5. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
6. Budget Monitoring: To review the budget monitoring report for the Committee including a) Community Engagement Budget 2023/24, b) The Nominal Ledger (year to Date) and c) Detailed Income & Expenditure at 30 June 2023.
7. Parish Council Grant Applications:
7.1 New Small Grant Applications to be considered 2023/24: To consider two grant applications:
Grant Budget 2023/24: £4000 Budget Remaining £4000
|a) Victim Support
|To recruit and train new volunteers in Sussex and to provide enhanced training i.e. Domestic Violence, Hate Crime, Fraud, Homicide etc to new and existing volunteers.
|b) Sayers Common Speed watch group
|Towards a second speed indicator display
7.2 Community Events Grant Applications to be considered 2023/24 To consider grant application:
Grant Budget 2023/24: £3500, Budget Remaining £3500
|Super Sunday 2023
7.3 Health & Wellbeing Grants Budget 2023/2024 £1000 Budget remaining £1000: To consider grant application.
Grant Budget 2023/24: £1000 Budget Remaining £1000
|St Catherine’s Hospice
|Towards the cost of providing expert care including home visits
7.4 Health & Wellbeing Projects Budget 2023/2024 £1000 Budget remaining £1000.
8. Review of Action Plan: To note Version 6 of the 2022/2023 Action Plan and review and update Version 1 of the 2023/2024 Action Plan. (A reminder that it was agreed at C.E. on 3.11.22 to create a new version of action plans at the beginning of the new council year which show only the last status update to prevent them becoming too long and unwieldy. Previous Action Plans will be archived so will always be available to reference.)
1) The committee AGREE to adopt V6 of the Community Engagement Action Plan 2022/23 to be archived.
2) The Committee AGREE for the Assistant Clerk to update V1 of the Community Engagement Action Plan 2023/24 as discussed at this meeting and bring V2 to the next CE meeting September 2023.
9. Review of Annual Parish Meeting: To consider the notes from the Events Working Group review and feedback from the Council Meeting on 29 June 2023. In respect of professional printers for the Annual Report (as it was time consuming and likely expensive to print) two quotes were obtained by the Parish Office for 100 copies of this year’s 32 page booklet. £260 from Lemonade Printing, and £228 from Action Press, Burgess Hill.
10. Defibrillator Training: To consider briefing note in respect of planned defibrillator training.
11. Mid Sussex Applaud Award: To consider nominations for this year’s award. Please come with suggestions. The deadline for 2022 was 26th September. More information can be found here: https://www.midsussexapplauds.co.uk/
12. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests:
12.1 High Street Update: To receive averbal update from Cllr Bedford and Cllr Ranger.
12.2 St Lawrence Fair Parish Council Stall: To receive a verbal update from Cllr Claire Majsai and Bob Sampson regarding the St Lawrence Fair particularly any feedback regarding the new gazebo and events equipment.
12.3 Foodbank Update: To consider the noted from the Hurstpierpoint Food Bank Meeting from 18th May and their decision to stop collections at Court Bushes from the end of July.
12.4 Closure of Sussex Clubs for Young People: To discuss closure of SCYP and receive any updates regarding alternative youth provision for Hurstpierpoint & Sayers Common.
12.5 Hurstpierpoint and Sayers Common Community Forum: To note a date of 2nd November has been set at Court Bushes in conjunction with MSVA.
12.6 External Communication: To receive a verbal update on communication. The noticeboards, website and Facebook page continues to be updated and the latter currently has 823 followers. Hurst life articles continue each month. To continue to improve communication with Sayers Common residents, Facebook posts are shared with both the Hurstpierpoint and Sayers Common village Facebook groups. It has also been mentioned to Hurst Life about the prominence of Sayers Common on the front page. Two Council meetings (April and September) are to be held in Sayers Common Village Hall each year, plus one meeting for each Committee (excluding planning where there is a requirement for the connectivity and screen available at the Village Centre).