Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 24 June
2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 18 June 2021
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 27 May
2021 Council meeting.
- Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive
questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
- Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
- Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (3 June 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (10 June 2021) Recommendations for Council as
6.2.1 Minute CE21/22.007.4 Applaud Award Nominations: The Committee considered
nominations for the Mid Sussex District Council awards scheme and after careful
consideration the Committee agreed to recommend to Council for approval and adoption,
nominating the Manager of the Hurstpierpoint Pre-School under the Stronger Together
category, and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend nominating the Manager of
the Hurstpierpoint Pre-School under the Stronger Together category, to Council for
approval and adoption.
6.2.2 Minute CE21/22.007.5 Christmas Light information: The Committee considered the
provision of Christmas Lights for Sayers Common at a cost of £9,000. The funding would
come from the Tourism and Attractiveness Budget (£3,000), a donation from the Sayers
Common Community Shop (£3,000) and it was agreed to ask Council for permission to use
- £3,000 from the ‘Christmas Lights’ Ear Marked Reserve, and it was:
- HURSTPIERPOINT SAYERS COMMON
- PARISH COUNCIL
- RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to ask Full Council for permission to use
- £3,000 from the EMR for Christmas Lights.
- 6.3. Highways and Cycleways Joint Council Working Group (14 June 2021) No recommendations
- for Council.
- 6.4 Finance & Governance Committee (17 June 2021) Recommendation for Council as follows:
- 6.4.1 Minute F21/22.009 Coronavirus Cancellation Policy: The Committee reviewed the
- Coronavirus Cancellation policy and due to the uncertainty of the end of lock-down agreed
- that the above policy is still applicable for the time being and a new revision date of 30
- September 2021 be applied, and it was:
- RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend to Council that due to the
- uncertainty of the end of lock-down, that the above policy is still applicable for the
- time being and a new revision date of 30 September 2021 be applied.
- RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and
- agrees the above recommendations:
- i. Planning & Environment Committee (3 June 2021)
- ii. Community Engagement Committee (10 June 2021)
- iii. Highways and Cycleways Joint Council Working Group (14 June 2021)
- iv. Finance & Governance Committee (17 June 2021)
- Annual Parish Meeting 18 May 2021: To review the arrangements, outcome and feedback from
the Annual Parish Meeting held using a webinar format, on 18 May 2021.
- Insurance Documents: To receive the full details of the cover agreed on 27 May 2021.
- SALC and Sussex Police Meeting: To consider questions to be raised at a meeting with the Chief
Constable and Police and Crime Commissioner. The meeting is attended by the Chairmen of the
County and District Associations for Local Councils who receive a briefing on policing within Sussex
and relevant regional and national issues. The next meeting takes place on Monday 5 July 2021.
Any questions are to be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 25 June 2021.
- The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
10.1 College Lane Drainage: To receive an update on the matter raised by Cllr Avery (Minute
C20/21.087.2) regarding the site on College Lane. The MSDC Drainage Engineer has visited the site
to look at the condition of the watercourse both up and downstream and provided observations.
The Engineer does not consider the landowner in breach of the Land Drainage Act 1991 as they are
not obstructing a watercourse or increasing flood risk. Therefore, the MSDC Flood Risk and Drainage
Team, acting on behalf of the Lead Local Flood Authority, have no reason to contact the landowner with regards to clearing watercourses.