Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 26 November 2020 at 7.30pm using Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 26 November 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 20 November 2020
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 22 October 2020 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 Association of Local Councils: To receive a verbal update on the associations for local councils for West Sussex (WSALC), Mid Sussex (MSALC) and Surrey & Sussex (SSALC).
5.4WSALC Survey: To consider the questions in the survey being undertaken by the West Sussex ALC as part of their value for money review of SSALC and agree any feedback.
5.5 Bolney Parish Council Chairman’s Letter: To consider a letter from Cllr Tony Steer, Chairman of Bolney Parish Council and his proposals for a motion to be included on the WSALC agenda for the meeting on 2 December 2020 and agree any response.
6.Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (5 November 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (12 November 2020) Recommendation for Council:
EF20/21.030 Action Plan: To consider the revised and updated version, following the changes agreed at the last Council meeting and the updates agreed at the Estates & Facilities Management Committee meeting on 12 November 2020.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the revised and updated version of the Action Plan version 12.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (19 November 2020) Recommendation for Council:
FG20/21.XX0 Fees & Charges Review 2021/22: To consider the fees and charges review.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the fees and charges proposed for 2021/2022.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees
- Planning & Environment Committee (5 November 2020)
- Estates & Facilities Management Committee (12 November 2020)
- Finance & Governance Committee (19 November 2020)
7.West Sussex County Council Local Transport Plan Consultation: To consider the consultation on the draft Local Transport Plan and feedback any comments. The West Sussex Transport Plan is being reviewed to update the County Council’s strategic approach to investment in, and management of, the transport network. This is an initial survey to gather information that will help to prepare the draft plan which is expected to be published for consultation next summer. The deadline for feedback is 17 December 2020.
8.Kingsland Laines Planning Application (DM/19/1148) Section 106 – MSDC request for ideas. To consider and agree projects to improve local community infrastructure required to serve the development. The Planning Authority resolved to approve the application (to revise the approved permission) to provide 13 additional dwellings including 30% affordable units with associated landscaping, road layout, access and parking subject to the completion of the section 106 legal agreement to secure the required infrastructure contributions and affordable housing. The deadline for feedback is 27 November 2020.
9. Winter Office Closing and Winter Preparedness: To consider and agree the office opening hours for Christmas and the New Year, and the preparations for severe winter weather.
10. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests: To note any items.
10.1To note the response from the National Association of Local Councils to the Committee on Standards in Public Life’s consultation as part of its review into the institutions, processes and structures in place to support high standards of conduct
10.2To receive a verbal update on the Big Hurst Re-think and HHDK Transitions meetings.
10.3To receive a verbal update on the recruitment of the new Estates & Facilities Manager.
The Council is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
11. South Avenue UKPN Wayleave: To consider a briefing note with a recommendation.