Council Members are summoned to attend the Meeting of the Council to be held on Thursday 27 July 2023 at 7.30pm in the Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 21 July 2023
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To receive and record declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 29 June 2023 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning Committee (10 July 2023) There were no recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (13 July 2023) There were no recommendations for Council.
6.3 Finance, Governance & Estates Committee (20 July 2023) There were no recommendations for Council.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and AGREES the above recommendations:
- Planning Committee (10 July 2023)
- Community Engagement Committee (13 July 2023)
- Finance, Governance & Estates Committee (20 July 2023)
- Council Meeting Diary 2023/2024: To consider and agree a revised list of meeting dates for 2023/2024.
- MSDC’s Standards Committee: To consider nominating a representative of the Parish Council to fill four vacancies on the MSDC Standards Committee. The deadline for nominations is 31 July 2023.
- Hurst Festival Hire Application: To consider the application from Hurst Festival to hire South Avenue Recreation Ground and the Village Garden on Sunday 17 September at nil cost for the Super Sunday event.
- Reports from Representative on Outside Bodies: To receive reports from Representative on Outside Bodies including:
10.1 West Sussex Association of Local Councils (WSALC)
10.2 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils (MSALC)
11. The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
11.1 Councillor Vacancies: To note that an official ‘Notice of Vacancies’ is being displayed until 3 August to permit ten or more electors to call for a by-election, after-which the co-option poster will be displayed, with a deadline for applications to be received a week before the 28 September Council meeting, to aim to fill our remaining vacancies.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.