Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 15 December 2022 at 7.30pm at the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 9 December 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 24 November 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils
5.4 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (1 December 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Finance & Governance Committee (8 December 2022) The Draft Budget 2023/2024 recommendation for Council is set out separately below.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees:
- Planning & Environment Committee (1 December 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (8 December 2022)
7. Draft Budget 2023/24: To consider a briefing note and the Parish Council budget requirements for 2023/24 as recommended by the Finance & Governance Committee.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES and ADOPTS the 2023/2024 budget as recommended by the Finance & Governance Committee.
8. Parish Action Plan: To consider the existing Parish Action Plans for each Committee in light of the budget setting for 2023/24.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the existing Parish Action Plan.
9. Calendar of Meetings 2023/2024: To consider and agree a provisional list of meeting dates for 2023/2024 to be ratified at the May 2023 Council meeting.
10. Councillor Representatives on Outside Bodies: To receive updates from representatives on external organisations.
11. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests:
11.1 To note the re-designation from footpaths to bridleways of (BW) 3736 and (BW) 3737 at the Green Circle in Hurstpierpoint by WSCC, via a Section 25 dedication agreement with MSDC under the Highways Act 1980.
Members are asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following items, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
12. Mid Sussex District Plan 2021-2039 Consultation Draft: To agree the response to the Mid Sussex District Council Regulation 18 consultation to be submitted by 19 December 2022.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.