Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 16 December 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Please note we strongly recommend the Government’s COVID guidelines are followed.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 10 December 2021
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 25 November 2021 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (2 December 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Finance & Governance Committee (9 December 2021) The recommendation for Council are set out in the main agenda below.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees:
- Planning & Environment Committee (2 December 2021)
- Finance & Governance Committee (9 December 2021)
7. Street Lighting Loan: To consider repaying the street lighting Public Works Loans Board loan in full, as recommended by the Finance & Governance Committee, at a cost to be provided on the day of the Council meeting.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES to repay in full the street lighting public works loans board loan, subject to consideration of the actual figures provided on the day of the Council meeting.
8. Draft Budget 2022/23: To consider a briefing note and the Parish Council budget requirements for 2022/23 including staffing costs, as recommended by the Finance & Governance Committee.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES and ADOPTS the 2022/2023 budget as recommended by the Finance & Governance Committee.
9. Parish Action Plan: To consider version 19 of the Parish Action Plan and note that the revised format will be completed by March 2022.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the Parish Action Plan (Version 19), noting the review of the format will be completed by March 2022.
10. Calendar of Meetings 2022/2023: To consider and agree a provisional list of meeting dates for 2022/2023 to be ratified at the May 2022 Council meeting.
11. Civility & Respect: To consider a letter and newsletter from the West Sussex Association of Local Council’s calling for Local Councils to sign a petition to encourage Government to introduce sanctions for poor behaviour.
12. Member’s Code of Conduct: To consider and adopt the Members Code of Conduct, last adopted on 17 December 2020.
13. Co-option Policy: To consider the Councillor Co-Option Policy adopted on the 25 March 2021.
14. Health and Safety Policy: To consider and adopt the Health and Safety Policy last adopted on the 17 December 2020.
15. Promoting Bicycle Stands: To receive a verbal report from the Chairman on a request from Hurst Rethink on promoting use of the existing bicycle stands in the village, and consider additional cycle racks at the Village Centre and South Avenue Recreation Ground.
16. The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
- To receive a verbal update from Cllr Lank on the Police & Crime Commissioners Focus Group meeting held on 29 November 2021 to discuss local policing priorities.
- To receive a verbal update on the proposal by WSCC to trial Hurstpierpoint with 3 verge cuts a year rather than 5, and the cuts would be ‘cut and collect’ with arisings being placed in selected areas.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office