Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 21 October 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Please note we strongly recommend the Government’s COVID guidelines are followed.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 15 October 2021
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 23 September 2021 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Highways, Cycleways and Footpaths Joint Council Working Group (20 September 2021): No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Planning & Environment Committee (30 September 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (6 October 2021). Recommendation for Council as follows:
6.3.1 Boundary Commission Review of Mid Sussex: The Panel considered the Local Government Boundary Commission Review England’s (LGBCRE) consultation on the size of Mid Sussex District Council, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Panel AGREED that the draft response to the LGBCRE would be recommended to Council for approval.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the Panel’s response to the LGBCRE and that it be submitted by the Clerk before the deadline of 8 November 2021.
6.3.2 Ladies Walk: The Panel considered the proposed Licence between the Parish Council and the Hurstpierpoint Society for the land known as Ladies Walk, and it was RESOLVED: That the Panel AGREED that the draft Licence, with minor amendments would be presented to the 21 October 2021 Council for agreement. This item will be considered under Confidential Matters.
6.4 Community Engagement Committee (7 October 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.5 Finance & Governance Committee (14 October 2021) Recommendations for Council as follows:
6.5.1 F21/22.044 Deposits and investments: The Committee noted that a new savings account is being opened with Nat West, and it was RESOLVED: That the Committee RECOMMENDS to Council:
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the opening of a new Nat West savings account.
6.5.2 F21/22.045 Review of 2020/21 External Audit Report: The Committee noted the comments made on the External Auditor’s (Moore West Sussex) Certificate for the 31 March 2021 accounts, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee RECOMMENDS to Council:
RECOMMENDATION: That Council NOTES the comments made on the External Auditor’s (Moore West Sussex) Certificate for the 31 March 2021 accounts.
6.5.3 Half Year Financial Analysis: The Committee considered the half year financial analysis report and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee RECOMMENDS to Council:
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the remaining £2,557 in the Covid-19 Grant Earmarked Reserve be transferred to Court Bushes Income Code 3140-211 to cover the anticipated loss of income at Court Bushes during 2021/22.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Working Group, Committees and Panel and AGREES the above recommendations:
- Highways, Cycleways and Footpath Joint Council Working Group (20 September 2021)
- Planning & Environment Committee (30 September 2021)
- Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (6 October 2021)
- Community Engagement Committee (7 October 2021)
- Finance & Governance Committee (14 October 2021)
7. South Lane and Pitt Lane Resurfacing: To consider a briefing note outlining the feedback from residents concerning the resurfacing of South Lane and Pitt Lane and consider awarding a contract for the works.
8. The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
8.1 Formal Complaint: To note a formal complaint had been made to the Parish Council by the Chairman of the Sayers Common Village Society regarding the arrangements for the 23 September 2021 Council meeting held at Sayers Common Village Hall. The Clerk responded accordingly in accordance with the formal complaints procedure.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
9. Ladies Walk: At its meeting on 6 October 2021, the Strategic Policy & ResourcesPanel considered the terms of the proposed Licence between the Parish Council and the Hurstpierpoint Society for the land known as Ladies Walk. It was AGREED by the Panel that the draft Licence, with minor amendments would be presented to the 21 October 2021 Council for agreement. If approved, Members are asked to authorise the signing of the Licence by two Councillors, witnessed by the Clerk.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.