Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 22 July 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Please note we strongly recommend the following COVID guidelines are still followed:
1. Wear masks on entry and until seated. Masks too be worn if not seated.
2. Use hand sanitiser or wash hands before entry.
3. Follow the one-way system, clockwise around the room.
4. Open doors and windows to allow air to circulate.
5. Public to sign in for Track and Trace.
6. Maximum room capacity of the Function Room is 24.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 16 July 2021
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 24 June 2021 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Village Centre Advisory Group (22 June 2021) For information.
6.2 Planning & Environment Committee (1 July 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Estates & Facilities Committee (8 July 2021) Recommendation for Council as follows:
6.3.1 Minute EF21/22.006: The Committee considered a revised version of the Parish Action Plan (Version 16), and it was RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED that the Action Plan be updated and recommended to Council on 22 July 2021 (Version 17) for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the Parish Action Plan (Version 17).
6.4 Finance & Governance Committee (15 July 2021) Recommendation for Council as follows:
6.4.1 Savings & Investment Strategy: The Committee reviewed the Savings & Investment Strategy, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the Savings & Investment Strategy, as amended, to Council for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the revised Savings & Investment Strategy.
6.4.2 Works Van Insurance Payment: The Committee considered a payment to the Parish Council of £2,285 from Liverpool Victoria Insurers following recent damage to the van and proposed that the pay-out was placed in the Vehicle Ear Marked Reserve in order to help fund the costs of the lease payments for the new van, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend to Council that the £2,285 insurance total-loss payment for the works van be placed in the Vehicle Ear Marked Reserve, to help fund the costs of the lease payments for the new van.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES that the £2,285 insurance total-loss payment for the works van be placed in the Vehicle Ear Marked Reserve, to help fund the costs of the lease payments for the new van.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
i. Village Centre Advisory Group (22 June 2021)
ii. Planning & Environment Committee (1 July 2021)
iii. Estates & Facilities Committee (8 July 2021)
iv. Finance & Governance Committee (15 July 2021)
7. Annual Parish Meeting 18 May 2021: To review the arrangements, outcome and feedback from the Annual Parish Meeting held using a webinar format, on 18 May 2021. (Item deferred from the Council meeting on 24 June 2021.)
8. High Street Project: To receive a verbal update on consultation with traders and an application to the Government’s Welcome Back Fund.
9. Grant Application Melting Pot Cafe: To consider an application for a grant from the Melting Pot Café held at Court Bushes Community Hub weekly on Monday mornings, run by the Point Church, from the COVID ear marked reserve grant fund. The £10,000 Government Grant was awarded to the Parish Council for costs associated with the lock-downs and an ear marked reserve was created which has £2,917 remaining.
10. Freeman Brothers Coronavirus Commemoration Stone: To consider a briefing note setting out the proposal from Freeman Brothers Funeral Directors for the siting of a commemorative, quarried piece of Horsham Stone on the Village Green (war memorial) at their expense.
11. Rampion 2 Wind Farm: To consider the letter of 13 July 2021 from Rampion Extension Development Limited concerning the proposal for a second wind farm adjacent to the existing Rampion Off Shore Wind Farm. Comments are invited on the proposals by 16 September 2021.
12. Government Coronavirus Update: To consider the latest advice from the Government on Coronavirus guidance and the implications for how the Parish Council wishes to conduct its own business, the approach with hirers and its responsibilities as an employer.
13. The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
14. Ladies Walk: To receive a verbal update on the discussions with the Hurstpierpoint Society concerning the land known as Ladies Walk and agree the way forward.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Council office.