Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 23 September 2021 at 7.30pm at Sayers Common Village Hall. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting. Maximum room capacity of the Hall is 24.
Please note we strongly recommend the Government’s COVID guidelines are followed.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 17 September 2021
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 22 July 2021 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (29 July and 2 September 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (5 August 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (9 September 2021) Recommendation for Council as follows:
EF21/22.023 Reeds Lane Play Area: The Committee considered the appointment of Sovereign to install the new play equipment at a cost of £18,573.24, using S106 funding, and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the appointment of Sovereign to Council due to the costs involved, to install the Play equipment at Reeds Lane Recreation Grounds at a cost of £18,573.24, once S106 funds have been made available to cover these costs.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREE the appointment of Sovereign to install the Play equipment at Reeds Lane Recreation Grounds at a cost of £18,573.24+VAT, once S106 funds have been made available to cover these costs.
6.4 Village Centre Advisory Group (14 September 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.5 Finance & Governance Committee (12 August and 16 September 2021) Recommendation for Council as follows:
F21/28.037 Internal Controls: The Committee review the revised Internal Controls, and it was:
RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the revised set of Internal Controls to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREE and ADOPT the revised set of Internal Controls.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Planning & Environment Committee (29 July and 2 September 2021)
- Community Engagement Committee (5 August 2021)
- Estates & Facilities Management Committee (9 September 2021)
- Village Centre Advisory Group (14 September 2021)
- Finance & Governance Committee (12 August 2021 and 16 September 2021)
7. Safeguarding Policy: To consider a draft Safeguarding Policy for approval and adoption.
8. Court Bushes Decking: To receive a verbal update on the project to extend the decking at Court Bushes Community Hub and note the additional spending needed (at a cost of £2,472) due to the unforeseen increase costs in materials. The quote Council approved on 25 March 2021 was for £11,358 +VAT. (This also required £345 to be funded by the Parish Council.) The new price for the decking is £13,830 +VAT. The revised costs were agreed by the Chairman and Clerk/RFO to ensure there was no further delay to the project and no further increases in costs. The extra costs are to be underwritten by the Parish Council but additional Section 106 funds will be applied for.
9. IT Costs: To receive a verbal update on the IT project and to consider and agree additional costs due to extra provision such as wifi access points etc. Some of the additional costs associated with the Village Centre such as the wifi access points in the Conference Room, Main Hall, Pre-School Office and Club Suite, in order to benefit the venue hirers, will be re-charged to the Village Centre.
10. Disposal of Assets (Works Van): The new van was delivered on 7 September and therefore members should consider the disposal of the old one. The insurance for the old van runs out on 26 September 2021. It is recommended that the authority to dispose of the vehicle is delegated to the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman, to ensure the best price available is secured.
11. Remembrance Events: To consider the refusal by the Royal British Legion to support, insure or provide volunteers for any remembrance event that involves road closures (Temporary Traffic Management Orders) and that their policy is that these are managed by local authorities.
12. West Sussex County Council Transport Plan: To consider WSCC’s recently published Draft West Sussex Transport Plan (WSTP) 2022-2036 for consultation purposes. The consultation period commenced on Friday 16 July and ends on Friday 8 October 2021. To note the correspondence from the CPRE on this matter.
13. The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
13.1 South Avenue Deed of Easement: To confirm that the funds due under the South Avenue Deed of Easement have been received and the DS1 form was signed in accordance with Standing Orders on 26 July 2021.
13.2 Heritage Trail Sign: To confirm the agreement with Mid Sussex District Council to hang the sign over their car park was agreed and signed in accordance with Standing Orders on 29 July 2021.
13.3 Ian Nelson Walk: To confirm the agreement with the landlords of Truffles Bakery and Anchor Hanover Group to erect Ian Nelson Walk signs on the twitten connecting Trinity Road by the Health Centre to the High Street between Hampers and Truffles, have been signed.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.