Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 24 February 2022 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 18 February 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 27 January 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
5.1 Planning & Environment Committee (3 February 2022) No recommendations for Council.
5.2 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (10 February 2022) There was one recommendation for Council as follows:
EF21/22.053 Review of Parish Action Plan: The Committee reviewed Version 19 of the Parish Action Plan making various amendments and RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED that the Action Plan be updated and recommended to the Council on 24th February 2022 for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council approves and adopts version 20 of the Action Plan.
5.3 Finance & Governance Committee (17 February 2022) There were two recommendations for Council as follows:
F21/22.096 Savings & Investment Strategy: The Committee reviewed the Savings & Investment Strategy, and it was RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED the Savings & Investment Strategy for recommendation to Council for approval and adoption and publication on the website.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council approves and adopts the Savings & Investment Strategy and its publication on the website.
F21/22.098 Annual Review of Financial Risk: The Committee considered the amended financial risk assessment and it was RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED the Annual Review of Financial Risk as amended, and to recommend it to Council for approval and adoption, as part of the suite of risk management documents.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council approves and adopts the Annual Review of Financial Risk, as part of the suite of risk management documents.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Planning & Environment Committee (3 February 2022)
- Estates & Facilities Management Committee (10 February 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (17 February 2022)
6. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
6.1 West Sussex County Council
6.2 Mid Sussex District Council
6.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
7. MSDC Local Plan Review: To receive a verbal update on the current position with regards to Mid Sussex District Council’s review of the Local Plan and to consider the Government’s Levelling Up White Paper.
8. Community Governance Review: To note the correspondence from MSDC regarding their commencement of the first community governance review consultation stage and agree to respond to the by 15 April 2022.
9. Annual Parish Meeting: To consider a briefing note on the proposals for the 2022 Annual Parish Meeting.
10. OFCOM Review of Postal Regulations: To consider a draft response to the consultation issued by NALC on the review of postal regulations, considered by the 21 January 2022 Strategic Policy & Resources Panel. The Panel agreed to develop a response for approval at Council in February, stressing the importance of the local post office to the community especially as it now provides the only banking facilities available. The deadline is 3 March 2022.
11. WSALC Health & Wellbeing Survey: To consider a draft response to the WSALC consultation email dated 10 February 2022, by the deadline of 31 March 2022.
12. The Glover Landscape Review Consultation: To considerDEFRA’s proposal to bring ten National Parks and thirty-four Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty together as part of one family of national landscapes, served by a shared National Landscapes Service. The consultation closes on 9 April 2022.
13. WSCC Grass Verge Management: To receive a verbal update and agree to support the communitygrass verge project whereby West Sussex County Council cut the verges three times a year instead of five, with all arisings being collected and taken to the Albourne green recycling centre and not left on site.
14. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
14.1 Court Bushes Access Road Resurfacing: To note the final fee agreed with the Court Bushes access road resurfacing contractor as £9,280 plus £1,625 = £10,905+VAT, which equates to a 15% increase on the original sum agreed as agreed at the Council meeting on 27 January 2022.
14.2 Committee Calendar: To note the change of date for the Estates & Facilities Management Committee from 14 April 2022 to 7 April 2022.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.