Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 24 November 2022 at 7.30pm at the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 18 November 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 20 October 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils
5.4 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (27 October 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (3 November 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (10 November 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.4 Finance & Governance Committee (17 November 2022) Two recommendations for Council, the Annual Charges Review 2023/2034 is on the main agenda, plus:
F22/23.057 Internal Auditors Report: The Committee reviewed the report of the Internal Auditor, and it was RESOLVED: That the Committee agreed the report of the Internal Auditor, Mulberry & Co following their 2022/2023 interim audit on 18 October 2022 and agreed to recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Parish Council AGREES and ADOPTS the report of the Internal Auditor, Mulberry & Co following their 2022/23 interim audit on 18 October 2022.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Planning & Environment Committee (27 October 2022)
- Community Engagement Committee (3 November 2022)
- Estates & Facilities Management Committee (10 November 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (17 November 2022)
7. Fees & Charges 2023/24: To consider the recommendation from the Finance & Governance Committee to adopt the fees and charges for 2023/24 to feed into the budget setting programme for 2023/2024.
8. King Charles III’s Coronation: To consider plans for celebrating the coronation of King Charles III on Saturday 6 May 2023 and agree the approach the Parish Council will take.
9. Operation Watershed Application: To consider submitting a bid to WSCC Operation Watershed Fund for phase one improvements to Bishopstone Lane.
10. Councillor Vacancies: To consider not advertising the two vacant councillors positions, as it is now within six months of the 4 May 2023 local elections and the Parish Council is not required to do so.
11. Councillor Representatives on Outside Bodies: To receive updates from representatives on external organisations.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests:
12.1 To receive a verbal update from Cllr Lank on the review of the usage of the eight electrical vehicle charging points at Trinity Road Car Park.
12.2 To note the MSDC consultation on extending their Public Space Protection Orders to tackle anti-social use of vehicles on the A2300 and Jobs Lane. The consultation runs till 22 December 2022.
12.3 To note the County Local Forums, where residents could meet directly with their County Councillors, were abolished by West Sussex County Council in October 2022.
Members are asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following items, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
13. District Plan Review: To receive a verbal update on the progress made to appoint a consultant to assist the Parish Council’s with its response to the Regulation 18 consultation by 19 December 2022.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.