Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 25 November 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Please note we strongly recommend the following COVID guidelines are still followed:
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 19 November 2021
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 21 October 2021 Council meeting.
- Councillor Co-option: To pay tribute to the late Peter Griffith, who served as both a Parish Councillor and County Councillor, and who sadly passed away this month.
To note the process to fill the vacancy on the Hurstpierpoint ward as set out in the Councillor Co-Option Policy.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council NOTES the co-opt process to elect a co-opted Councillor to serve on the Hurstpierpoint ward.
5. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
6. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
6.1 West Sussex County Council
6.2 Mid Sussex District Council
6.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils (18.11.21)
7. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
7.1 Staff Panel (18 October 2021) Recommendation for Council to be discussed under Confidential Matters.
7.2 Hurst Meadows Advisory Group (19 October 2021) No recommendations for Council.
7.3 Planning & Environment Committee (28 October 2021) No recommendations for Council this month.
7.4 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (11 November 2021) Recommendation for Council as follows:
6.3.1 EF20/21.039 Cemetery Administration Review: The Committee considered the updated burial application forms, memorial installation application forms, Rules & Regulations for the Cemetery, and the Memorial Management Policy, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the updated burial application forms, memorial installation application forms, Rules & Regulations for the Cemetery, and the Memorial Management Policy to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES and ADOPTS the updated burial application forms, memorial installation application forms, Rules & Regulations for the Cemetery, and the Memorial Management Policy.
7.5 Finance & Governance Committee (18 November 2021) Recommendations for Council as follows:
7.5.1 F20/21.057 Annual Charges Review 2022/23: The Committee consider the annual charges review as set out in the accompanying report, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend that Council ADOPTS the proposed fees and charges for 2022/23, as amended.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the fees and charges proposed for 2022/2023, as amended.
7.5.2 F20/21.059 Emergency Plan: The Committee reviewed the Emergency Plan, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the Emergency Plan, as amended, to Council for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the revised Emergency Plan, as amended.
7.5.3 F20/21.060 Winter Plan: The Committee reviewed the Winter Plan, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend the Winter Plan to Council for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the revised Winter Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and Working Group and agrees the above recommendations:
- Hurst Meadows Advisory Group (19 October 2021)
- Planning & Environment Committee (28 October 2021)
- Estates & Facilities Management Committee (11 November 2021)
- Finance & Governance Committee (18 November 2021)
8. Community Governance Review: To consider the correspondence from Mid Sussex District Council on 26 October 2021 and the Terms of Reference (Version 4) discussed by MSDC’s Community Scrutiny Committee on 17 November 2021 and note the revised timetable for the process. To formalise and agree a response to MSDC.
9. Christmas and New Year Office Opening Hours: To consider and agree the proposed Parish Office opening hours for Christmas and the New Year. The Parish Office will be open on Friday 24 December 2021 from 9:30am-13:30pm and then closed until the office re-opens on Tuesday 4 January 2022 at 9:30am.
10. Chatty Bench Proposal: To consider the briefing note outlining the request for a ”Happy to Chat” bench in Hurstpierpoint.
11. DEFRA Consultation Environmental Permitting 2016 Regulations: To consider the National Association of Local Councils advice on the DEFRA Environmental Permitting 2016 Regulations around issues affecting groundwater which may affect the future burial capacity in the South Avenue Cemetery.
12. WSCC Consultation Recycling Centre Booking System: To discuss and agree a response to the WSCC Press Release on the Recycling Centres Trial Booking Systems.
13. WSCC Consultation Fire Service: To discuss and agree a response to the WSCC public consultation on the Fire Service proposals for our Community Risk Management Plan 2022 – 2026.
14. WSCC Consultation Domestic Abuse Strategy: To discuss and agree a response to the WSCC consultation on the £3.1m available to invest in their Domestic Abuse Strategy.
15. WSCC Consultation A273/Gatehouse Lane Pedestrian Crossing: To discuss and agree a response to the WSCC consultation on the proposal for a new signal-controlled crossing on Jane Murray Way (A273) where it bisects Gatehouse Lane.
The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.
16. West Sussex Chargepoint Network Partnership: To note MSDC’s email regarding the West Sussex Chargepoint Network Partnership.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
17. Staff Panel: To consider a recommendation from the meeting of the 19 October 2021 Staff Panel.Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office