Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 26 January 2023 at 7.30pm at the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 20 January 2023
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3.Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 15 December 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (5 January 2023) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (12 January 2023) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (19 January 2023) No recommendations for Council.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees:
- Planning & Environment Committee (5 January 2023)
- Community Engagement Committee (12 January 2023)
- Finance & Governance Committee (19 January 2023)
7. Calendar of Meetings 2023/2024: To consider and agree a provisional list of meeting dates for 2023/2024, to be ratified at the May 2023 Council meeting.
8. Court Bushes Car Park Surfacing: To consider a briefing note for the surfacing of the car park at Court Bushes Community Hub.
9. Traffic Regulation Order for London Road: To consider a request from the Sayers Common Community Shop Management Committee, who have applied for a Traffic Regulation Order to restrict parking outside the shop and seek the Parish Council’s support for their application.
10. Traffic Regulation Order for Albourne Road: To consider a request from residents of Albourne Road, who have applied for a Traffic Regulation Order to remove the national speed limit and extend the 40mph speed limit, from the Albourne Crossroads east to the 30mph sign at Langton Lane and seek the Parish Council’s support for their application. The residents have invited councillors to meet them on site.
11. High Street 20 mph Signs: To review the locations of the 20mph signs, as requested at the 24 October 2022 Highways, Cycleways and Footpaths Joint Council Working Group meeting.
12 Councillor Representatives on Outside Bodies: To receive updates from representatives on external organisations including West Sussex and Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils.
13. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests:
13.1 Trinity Road Car Park: To note that Mid Sussex District Council is working with West Sussex County Council and their contractor Connected Kerb, to temporarily decommission four of the eight electrical vehicle charging points at Trinity Road Car Park.
13.2 South Downs National Park: To note the update given on the South Downs National Park Local Plan Review and in particular the timetable for the process.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.