Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 28 April 2022 at 7.30pm at the Sayers Common Village Hall. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 22 April 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 24 March 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (31 March 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (7 April 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (21 April 2022) Two recommendations for Council. The second to be discussed under confidential items.
6.3.1 F21/22.122 Provisional Year End Adjustments: The Committee reviewed the provisional year end accounting statement, accruals, the general reserve and any additional earmarked reserves transfers for 31 March 2022, and it was: RESOLVED: That the Committee AGREED to recommend to Council the creation of a new earmarked reserve for Health and Wellbeing Projects (391) of £1,000 from the 5650-301 code for the community midwife project.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council agrees the creation of a new earmarked reserve for Health and Wellbeing projects (391) of £1,000.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Planning & Environment Committee (31 March 2022)
- E&FM Committee (7 April 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (21 April 2022)
7. Councillor Co-Option: To note that the advert of a vacancy for parish councillor had not received any applicants. To consider readvertising the position for a further six weeks.
8. Applications for Events: To consider three requests for the use of outside spaces for events. Each applicant will complete the booking form and comply with the insurance requirements:
8.1 Reeds Lane Recreation Ground (Boules Area) for a Private Boules Party on 24 May 2022;
8.2 Reeds Lane Recreation Ground (North and South) for Jubilee Celebrations on Sunday 5 June 2022; and
8.3 South Avenue Recreation Ground for Jubilee Celebrations on Sunday 5 June 2022
9. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests:
9.1 Councillor Representatives on Outside Bodies: To receive updates from representatives on external organisations.
9.2 Sussex Police Big Data: Cllr Lank attended the Sussex Police ‘Power of the Eye’ presentation delivered by Chief Constable Jo Shiner to parish councils on 25 February 2022 about how they are using ‘big data’ to turn millions of records of phone calls, crimes, investigations and court trials into a tool to drive productivity and make people safer. The software will enable officers to predict trends, identify serial offenders, study crime hotspots and devote more time to victims.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
10. Land at Brown Twins Road: To consider the recommendation from the 21 April 2022 Finance & Governance Committee.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.