Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 28 July 2022 at 7.30pm at the Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 22 July 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 30 June 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils
5.4 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (27 June 2022).
6.2 Planning & Environment Committee (7 July 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (14 July 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.4 Finance & Governance Committee (19 July 2022) One recommendation for Council:
F22/23.022 St Lawrence Fair & Harris Fun Fair: The Committee reviewed the booking and charging arrangements, and it was RESOLVED: That the Committee agreed to RECOMMEND to Council that the Parish Council refunds the £290 fee paid by the Harris Fun Fair, and representatives meet with the St Lawrence Fair Committee to agree the approach to future events.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Parish Council AGREES to refund the £290 fee paid by the Harris Fun Fair, and representatives meet with the St Lawrence Fair Committee to agree the approach to future events.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Panel and Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (27 June 2022)
- Planning & Environment Committee (7 July 2022)
- Estates & Facilities Management Committee (14 July 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (19 July 2022)
7. MSDC Community Governance Review: To agree the Parish Council’s response to MSDC’s community governance review consultation on their draft recommendations, required by 1 August 2022.
8. Sustainability Strategy: To consider and adopt the new Sustainability Strategy.
9. Container Storage at Court Bushes: To consider a briefing note outlining a request from Hurst Festival to site a 20 foot shipping container on the car park at Court Bushes.
10. Applications for Events: To consider a request for the use of South Avenue Recreation Ground for Hurst Festival events on Sunday 18 September 2022. The applicant will complete the booking form and comply with the insurance requirements:
11. Councillor Representatives on Outside Bodies: To receive updates from representatives on external organisations.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests:
12.1 Community Highways Scheme Update: To note the written update following a meeting of Cllr Lank, Chair of the Highways, Cycleways and Footpaths Joint Council Working Group, with WSCC on 14 July 2022.
12.2 MSDC Trinity Road Car Park Electrical Vehicle Charging Points: To note the response from Cllr Ruth De Mierre on the reasoning for the eight electrical vehicles charging bays in the Trinity Road Car park.
12.3 Events Working Group: To note the review of the St Lawrence Fair stall 2022.
12.4 Staff Matters: To record the Parish Council’s thanks following the resignation of the long-serving Cemetery Manager, previously employed as the Maintenance Officer who leaves on 31 July 2022 after nearly 20 years of employment by the Parish Council.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.