Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 30 June 2022 at 7.30pm at the Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 24 June 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 26 May 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils
5.4 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (9 June 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (16 June 2022) Two recommendations for Council:
CE22/23.005.2 Hurst Festival Grant Application: RECOMMENDATION: The Committee recommends to Council that the Parish Councils pop up banners should be used on the Village Garden on the Super Sunday event and posters placed on the noticeboards saying that the Parish Council proudly support the event.
CE22/23.006.7 Annual Parish Meeting: RECOMMENDATION: The Committee recommends to Council that a portable sound system including two mics should be purchased with the guidance from Cllr Bedford and Cllr Sampson. It was recommended that an improved projector/screen set up should be investigated and purchased.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (23 June 2022) No recommendations for Council.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Planning & Environment Committee (9 June 2022)
- Community Engagement Committee (16 June 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (23 June 2022)
7. Councillor Co-Option: To note that the advert of a vacancy for parish councillor had not received any applicants. The closing date was 12 noon on 22 June 2022. To consider readvertising the position for a further six weeks.
8. Committee Membership: To agree that Cllr Martin Machan joins the Finance & Governance Committee and confirm the Sayers Common representative on the Strategic Policy & Resources Panel.
9. Future Council Meeting Venue: To consider moving future Council meetings back to the Village Centre Conference Room starting in October 2022. There is no Council meeting in August 2022 and the September 2022 meeting is at Sayers Common Village Hall.
10. Community Governance Review: To consider a response to the second round of consultation on the draft recommendations published by Mid Sussex District Council.
11. Review of the Annual Parish Meeting: To consider feedback on the Annual Parish Meeting held at Court Bushes Community Hub on 17 May 2022.
12. Hurstpierpoint Village Action Plan: To note the report produced by The Retail Group on behalf of Mid Sussex District Council to support the safe reopening of High Streets following COVID. To consider the actions and agree how to take any of them forward.
13. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests:
13.1 Councillor Representatives on Outside Bodies: To receive updates from representatives on external organisations.
13.2 Police and Crime Commissioner’s Focus Group Meeting: Cllr Lank to give a verbal update on the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Focus Group meeting (hosted by the Communication Manager) with town and parish councils on 26 May 2022.
13.3 MSDC District Plan Review: To receive a verbal update on the review of the District Plan (2023-2038) by Mid Sussex District Council.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
14. Woodland at Brown Twins Road: To receive a verbal report on the progress of the purchase of the woodland from WSCC.
15. South Avenue BT Wayleave: To consider the proposed British Telecommunications Ltd wayleave agreement for South Avenue. If approved, Members are asked to authorise the signing of the agreement by two Councillors, witnessed by the Clerk.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.