Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 9 July 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on 9 July 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 3 July 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Stephen Hand, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Bob Sampson
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 5 March 2020 Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Review of the Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan.
6. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the monthly budget monitoring report for the Committee.
7. Estates and Facilities Update: To consider a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities since March 2020 (Ref: Briefing Note: Estates and Facilities Update).
8. Reeds Lane Recreation Ground Play Area: To receive a report on the re-development of the play area at Reeds Lane. The report proposes the next steps to progress the project which includes improved drainage (Ref: Briefing Note: Reeds Lane Play Area).
9. Utilities Procurement Contract: To receive a report on the procurement exercise to rationalise the Parish Council’s energy contracts. The Parish Council currently holds gas and electricity supply contracts across five different suppliers and the proposal is to rationalise procurement through one energy consultancy. (Ref: Briefing Note: Utilities Procurement Contract).
10. Benches & Styles: To receive a report regarding benches and styles in the parish. The proposals include a memorial bench in Millenium Gardens, a memorial bench on the Village Garden and two new benches for Hurst Meadows. It also includes a proposal for a new squeeze style on the Latchets Lane footpath. (Ref: Briefing Note: Benches and Styles).
11. Allotments: To receive a request from the Hurstpierpoint Allotment Association for additional watering provision at South Avenue Allotments. The request is for five additional water tanks and taps. (Ref: Briefing Note: Allotments Watering Provision).
12. Reconfiguration of Rialtus Business Suite Accounting System: To note the content of the briefing note explaining the new framework behind the accounting system to make financial information clearer and to allow each committee to take responsibility for financial decisions within its remit. (Ref: Briefing Note: Reconfiguration of Rialtus Business Suite Accounting System).
11. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note any items.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.