Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Tuesday 4 May 2021 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 4 May 2021 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Tuesday 27 April 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Bob Sampson.
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 11 February 2021 Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Review of the Parish Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan (V.15).
6. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the 31 March 2021 budget monitoring report for the Committee.
7. Estates and Facilities Update: To consider a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities for February 2021 to April 2021.
8. Tree Surveying Proposals: To consider the proposal to repeat tree survey risk assessments every three years and seek quotes for the sites undertaken in May 2018 (that cost £1,610 excl VAT) which included the Allotments, Cemetery, Lower Churchyard, Village Garden, Village Green (War Memorial), South Avenue Rec and Play Area, St George’s Green (including some of the Meadows), the Old Telephone Exchange off Weald Close, Hurstpierpoint and Reeds Lane Rec in Sayers Common. The rest of Hurst Meadows, Wilderness and Tilley’s Copse will be subject to a separate schedule.
9. Review of Litter and Dog Waste Bins and Collection Services: To consider the scope of a review of the provision of litter and dog waste bins and collection services provided by the Parish Council and how to encourage recycling in conjunction with the aims of the developing Environmental Policy.
10. Sussex Vale Rotary: To consider the aim of the Sussex Vale Rotary to plant 500 saplings across Sussex and discuss any suitable sites in the parish. The offer from the Sussex Vale Rotary is to provide the saplings and arrange the planting. The on-going maintenance and watering would rest with the Parish Council.
11. Defibrillators: To consider taking on responsibility for the unmanaged defibrillator outside Morley’s (new battery and pads required) and note the willingness of Hurstpierpoint Cricket Club to transfer the responsibility for the Fairfield Recreation Ground defibrillator to the Parish Council.
12. Memorial Benches: To consider granting permission for a memorial bench in:
i) Millennium Garden in either location A (red dot) or location B (blue dot) in memory of the late Simon Smith from the Rustic Wood Company. Location A is the family’s preferred option for the rustic style bench.
ii) College Lane where it meets Wickham Drive (red dot) and a second where College Lane meets Hassocks Road (blue dot), in memory of the late Jane Dicks who died in July 2020. Miss Dicks lived in Lynton Close and ran the Hurst book club and Ribbetts Lunch clubs and was well loved in the Women’s Institute. The Brighton style bench is from the Earth Anchors Company.
iii) South Avenue Cemetery for the late Andrew Crane (buried in Plot S02). Cemetery benches are from the Resourceful Wood Company.
13. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note any items.