Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 9th September 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 3rd September 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Helen Bedford, Cllr David Evans, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Duncan Ranger, Cllr Bob Sampson.
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 8th July 2021 Committee meeting.
- Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Community Verge and Butterfly Monitoring Report. To receive a verbal report from Dr Georgina Judd.
- Review of the Parish Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan (Version 17).
7. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the August 2021 budget monitoring report for the Committee.
9. Reeds Lane Play Area: To consider the briefing paper and agree the appointment of Sovereign to install the new play equipment at a cost of £18,573.24, using S106 funding.
10. High Street Festive light improvements: To consider the briefing paper and agree the appointment of Merlin Lighting to Improving the current infrastructure on the High Street, Hurstpierpoint by replacing the electrical boxes at a cost of £245 plus VAT. To consider the installation on additional string lighting in the High street.
11. High Street Festive String light extension: To consider the briefing paper and agree whether to proceed with this proposal for 2022
12. Parish Tree Planting Proposals: The Parish Council has had three offers of trees to be planted in the Parish. They are firstly from the Sussex Vale Rotary for the supply of 500 saplings, secondly from the Hurstpierpoint Society for trees in South Avenue Recreation Ground and other locations, and thirdly from MSDC as part of the proposal to plant trees to mark Queens Platinum Jubilee.
It has previously been agreed that any planting will be delayed until next year. The Committee is asked to discuss a response to all three parties regarding our policy for tree planting in the Parish.
13. Hurst Meadows Signs and Notices. To consider the installation of signs and notices within Hurst Meadows.
14. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note the following items:
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.