Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 8 July 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 2 July 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Helen Bedford, Cllr David Evans, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Duncan Ranger, Cllr Bob Sampson.
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. To elect the Vice-Chair of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee for the following year: To receive nominations and elect a Vice-Chair of the Committee for the following year.
4. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 4th May 2021 Committee meeting.
5. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Review of the Parish Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan (Version 16).
6. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the June 2021 budget monitoring report for the Committee.
7. Estates and Facilities Update: To consider a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities.
8. Hurst Meadows Grass Cutting 2021: To consider the briefing paper and note that Greenscene Landscapes has been appointed to complete the Autumn Meadow cutting in September 2021 at a cost of £2,313 plus VAT.
9. Reeds Lane Play Area: To consider the briefing paper and note that Grasstex has been appointed to complete the Ditch Clearance at Reeds Lane Recreation Grounds in August 2021 at a cost of £1,950 plus VAT.
10. Tree Surveying Proposals: To consider a briefing note and agree the appointment of a consultant to carry out the Tree survey risk assessments and the Tree risk zone plan & tree risk management strategy on year one sites.
11. Sussex Vale Rotary tree planting: To consider a formal response to the proposal from Sussex Vale Rotary to provide the Parish Council with up to 500 tree saplings and agree suitable locations within the Parish and plan the next stage as agreed at the last Committee meeting Minute Ref. EF20/21.069 Sussex Vale Rotary.
12. Defibrillators: To note (further to minute ref. ‘EF20/21.070 Defibrillators’) that the Parish Council now has responsibility for five defibrillators (Village Centre, Court Bushes, Bowling Club, Cricket Club and Morley’s). All of which are now in full working order and are being monitored Monthly.
13. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note the following items:
13.1 Review of Litter and Dog Waste Bins and Collection Services: To receive a verbal update on progress with this review.
13.2 Picnic Tables for Court Bushes: To consider a request from the Point Church to provide picnic tables at Court Bushes.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
14. Ladies Walk: To receive a verbal update on informal discussions concerning the area of land known as Ladies Walk.