Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 10 November 2022 at 7.30pm in the Village Centre Conference Room.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 4th November 2022
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Rodney Jackson (Vice-Chair), Cllr Helen Bedford, Cllr David Evans, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Duncan Ranger, Cllr Bob Sampson.
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 8 September 2022 Committee meeting.
- Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
- Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the October 2022 budget monitoring report for the Committee.
- Review of the Parish Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the new format Action Plan (V 3).
- Draft Budget 2023/24 for E&FM: To review and assess the Committee’s budget requirements for 2023/24 and submit the detail to the Finance & Governance Committee.
- Estates and Facilities Update: To note a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities for September to November 2022.
- Reeds Lane Recreation Grounds Update – To receive a verbal update on the Reeds Lane Rec, Fencing and Drainage works.
- Parish Public Conveniences: To discuss the two public conveniences owned by the Parish Council.
- Play Area Review – To receive an update on the Play Areas in South Avenue Recreation Grounds and Reeds Lane Recreation Grounds and consider possible future upgrades to the equipment.
- Hurstpierpoint Society Funding: To receive a verbal update on the Projects of which Hurstpierpoint Society would like to contribute towards.
- Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note any items.
- The following items for discussion form part of the Sustainability Strategy:
- Agree locations for hedgehog highways on Parish Council owned land & agree with contractors that they will check areas for wildlife before strimming.
- Speak to our contractors about the need to use peat free compost and avoid the use of weed killer/insecticide during planting and maintenance.
- Discuss and agree a suitable location for bike racks in Sayers Common. i.e., outside the Community Shop.