Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 11 February 2021 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 11 February 2021 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 5 February 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Stephen Hand (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Bob Sampson
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 12 November 2020 Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Review of the Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan (Version 13) and agree additional projects going forward as set out in Action No. 34 & 35.
6. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the 31 January 2021 budget monitoring report for the Committee.
7. Estates and Facilities Update: To consider a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities for November 2020 to January 2021.
8. Building Condition Surveys: To consider and approve the quote for undertaking surveys of the Cemetery Chapel (Budget 201-5400: £200), Trinity Road and Pit Road public toilets (206-5310: £300) and the Village Centre (701-5400: £750) at a total cost of £1,250+VAT.
9. Hurst Meadows Advisory Group Meeting and Management Plan for Adoption: To i) review the minutes of the Hurst Meadows Advisory Group meeting on 2 February 2021 and ii) consider the Hurst Meadows Management Plan for approval and adoption.
10. Tree Work Programme: To consider a briefing note on the proposed tree works in various sites around the parish, note the permissions required by Mid Sussex District Council and subject to permissions required, agree quotes for works to be completed.
11. Vistry Homes Ltd (Bovis) Bramble Park Drainage Conditions: To review and approve the proposals from Bovis for the head wall remedial design and additional boardwalk general arrangement which will connect to the public right of way at Tilley’s Copse. To note the sketch plan showing ditch ownership and clearance works required and whose responsibility it is to maintain them.
12. MSDC Ditch Works at Fairfield Rec/Tilley’s Copse: To consider making a 50% contribution to the ditch clearance work being led by Mid Sussex District Council in September 2021 (TBC) between Fairfield Recreation Ground and Tilley’s Copse. The Parish Council has shared riparian responsibilities that run down the centre of the length of the ditch.
13. Replacement Works Van: To consider a briefing note explaining the arrangements and costs for the lease of a new vehicle to replace the 2007 Vauxhall Combi diesel van.
14. Court Bushes Decking: To consider the quotation from VG Builders to complete the decking at Court Bushes Community Hub, subject to receipt of a Section 106 grant from Mid Sussex District Council.
15. Defibrillators: To consider offering to take on responsibility for the Fairfield Rec defibrillator managed by the Cricket Club.
16. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note the following items:
16.1 Valuation Office Court Bushes Challenge: To note the successful challenge made to the Valuation Office for re-classification of Court Bushes Community Hub to a “Community Centre” from a Social Club, and the corresponding reduction in Business Rates.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
17. Ladies Walk: To discuss ownership of the strip of land to the rear of the Brown Twins Road Scout Hut that backs on to Hurst Meadows.