Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 11 November 2021 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting. Please note we strongly recommend the Government’s COVID guidelines are followed.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 5 November 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Rodney Jackson (Vice-Chair), Cllr Helen Bedford, Cllr David Evans, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Duncan Ranger, Cllr Bob Sampson.
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 9 September 2021 Committee meeting.
- Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
- Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the 30 September 2021 budget monitoring report for the Committee.
- Estates and Facilities Update: To consider a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities for September to November 2021.
- Draft E&FM Budget 2022/23: To review and assess the Estates & Facilities Committee budget requirements for 2022/23.
- Review of the Parish Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan (Version 18).
- Village Centre Children and Family Room: To consider the future of the room adjacent to the Library that has been occupied by the WSCC Children and Family Team since 1 February 2010. WSCC have confirmed they will vacate the room on 31 December 2021. The room is part of the Parish Council’s Lease of the Village Centre of 50 years from 18 February 2004 to 18 February 2054.
- Tree Planting: To receive a verbal update on tree planting plans.
- Cemetery Administration Review – To review, agree and recommend to Council the adoption of:
- New Burial Application Forms (to differentiate between advance purchase of a grave and booking an interment)
- New Memorial Installation Application Forms
- Amended Rules & Regulations for the Cemetery
- New Memorial Management Policy.
- Reeds Lane Recreation Ground Update: To consider a briefing note updating the Committee on work and plans for the recreation ground and to agree the way forward for future works.
- South Avenue Play Area Update: To discuss and agree works required at South Avenue Recreation Ground play area.
- Santa’s Fun Sunday: To consider the request from the High Street Traders for an event on the Village Garden and South Avenue Recreation Ground on Sunday 5 December 2021 including donkey rides for children.
- Court Bushes Advisory Group: To consider the arrangements for the next Court Bushes Advisory Group meeting.
- Benches: To consider a request for a memorial bench in Hurst Meadows in reference to previous resolutions, and agree the installation of three perch bench locations for Hurst Meadows.
- Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note any items.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.