Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee to be held on Thursday 10 September 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 10 September 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 4 September 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Allan Brown (Chair), Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Stephen Hand, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Bob Sampson
- To elect a new Vice-Chair of the Committee: To consider nominations and elect a new Vice-Chair of the Committee.
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Estates & Facilities Management Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 9 July 2020 Committee meeting.
- Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
6. Review of the Action Plan: To review the Committee’s responsibilities in the Action Plan.
7. Monthly Budget Monitoring: To receive the monthly budget monitoring report for the Committee.
8. Estates and Facilities Update: To note a report which updates Members on the management of the estates and facilities since July 2020.
9. Hurst Meadows Update: To note the draft minutes of the Hurst Meadows Advisory Group meeting held on 27 August 2020 and agree the following recommendations for Council:
9.1 Autumn Programme Works: To consider a briefing note and agree quotes for:
i)the cut, collection and disposal of arisings from Buckwilly and 15 Acre fields;
ii)the planting of trees and hedging in Buckwilly and Hovel fields in Hurst Meadows; and
iii)the laying of new paths in Millennium Gardens and Bellows Nose in Hurst Meadows.
9.2Lost Woods Project: To receive a verbal update on the Sussex Woodland Trust “Lost Woods” Project for Tilley’s Copse and the Wilderness and to note the work undertaken to date.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee NOTES the survey work undertaken to date to help develop a management plan for Tilley’s Copse and the Wilderness, as part of the Lost Woods project.
9.3Forest Schools: To receive a verbal update on the discussions held to agree locations for forest schools in Hurst Meadows and agree to give permission for Cottis School and St Lawrence School to use Millenium Gardens and St George’s Green for their forest schools until 31 December 2020.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to give Cottis School and St Lawrence School permission to use Millenium Gardens and St George’s Green for their forest schools until 31 December 2020.
9.4Naming the Apple Varieties in the Orchard: To consider a briefing note explaining the background to the suggestions for naming unknown apple varieties for the Hurst Meadows orchard.
10. Signage on Green Circle: To consider the principle of installing a Parish Council sign on the Burgess Hill Green Circle where the footpath/cyclepath enters the Parish Council boundary, when funding allows.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to erect signage on the Green Circle foot/cycle way, where it enters the parish, with permission from the land owner, when funding allows.
11. MSDC Dog Waste Collection Service: To note a letter dated 12 August 2020 from Mid Sussex District Council’s Waste Services Team regarding the new prices from 1 July 2020, for the collection of dog waste from 22 bins across the parish.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee NOTES the new fees charged by Mid Sussex District Council for its dog waste collection service.
12. Information items, correspondence received or requests: To note any items.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.