Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 12 August 2021 at 7.30pm at the Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 6 August 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Duncan Ranger (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Peter Griffiths, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, (plus one vacancy).
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 15 July 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts for Month 4 (July 2021): To note:
5.1 Payments of £18,449.55 (excl. VAT).
5.2 Receipts of £190,782.91 (no VAT).
6. Financial monitoring for Month 4 (July 2021): To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations.
6.2 Balance Sheet.
6.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
7. Deposits and investment: To note that as of 31 July 2021, the Parish Council held the following balances:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||n/a||£371,842.54|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,336.72|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Rate Bond||21/6/2022||£48,000.00|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||14/11/2021||£36,559.10|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/12/2021||£85,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||13/01/2022||£85,000.00|
The Committee is asked to note that at 30 June 2021 a further £46,392.82 is held with the CCLA in shares.
8. Asset Register: To review the Asset Register and recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to recommend the updated Asset Register to Council for adoption.
9. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
9.1 National Resilience Strategy Call For Evidence: The National Association of Local Councils will be responding to the Government’s call for evidence and seeks the views of member councils in response to the questions in order to help form its own submission. The NALC deadline is 10 September 2021.