Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 15 April 2021 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on Thursday 15 April 2021 to be sent an email or telephone invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 9 April 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Julia Shorrocks (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Duncan Ranger.
1. Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 18 March 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts: The committee is asked to:
5.1 Note payments of £41,443.09 (excl. VAT) for month 12 (March 2021).
5.2 Note receipts of £19,957.68 (no VAT) for month 12 (March 2021).
6. Financial monitoring and Year End Position: To note the account records for month 12 (March 2021) in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations for March 2021.
6.2 Year End Balance Sheet.
6.3 Year End Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
6.4 Year End Summary Income and Expenditure.
7. Deposits and investment:
7.1 As of 31 March 2021, the Parish Council held the following balances.
Financial Institution Account Type Maturity Date Amount
Unity Trust Current account n/a £122,682.71
Nationwide 95 Day Savings Account 95 days’ notice £88,336.72
Nationwide 2 Year Fixed Term Bond Closed 11 /2/21 £0
Cambridge & Counties BS 3 Year Fixed Term Bond 10/05/2021 £51,716.82
Cambridge & Counties BS 3 Year Fixed Term Bond 14/11/2021 £36,559.10
United Trust Bank 1 Year Fixed Term 17/12/2021 £85,000.00
Hodge Bank 1 Year Fixed Term 13/01/2022 £85,000.00
7.2 At 31 March 2021 a further £46,389.79 is held with the CCLA in shares.
8. Provisional Year End Figures: To consider a briefing note to review the provisional year end accounting statement and consider any additional reserves transfers.
9. Action Plan: To review the Action Plan Version 15, adoption by Council on 25 February 2021.
10. Review of the Grant Terms and Conditions: To consider whether to include in the grants policy that “any cancellation of an event for which a grant of public money has been awarded will require either a refund of that grant, or held over for that same event on a new date in the future. The latter course of action will require the agreement of the Community Engagement Committee.”
11. Works at Hurst Meadows: To consider a quote from Conservation & Access dated 9 March 2021 to provide various works at Hurst Meadows namely: i) making good the damage to Hovel Field path (£2,800), ii) Removal of water from Hovel Field path (£650), iii) Install a Grip across the north/south lane to prevent water run off (£1,550), iv) Adjusting the Chicane Gate (£200), v) New culvert between Big Edgerley Meadow and Fifteen Acres (£280). The total cost is £5,480. This work does not include the last item on the quote for a new cleft chestnut fence (£3,200).
12. Horsham District Council Trade Waste Charges Increase: To consider the notification from Horsham District Council dated 25 March 2021 regarding the changes to their pricing structure for waste collection from paying a fixed price for a bin size to an average price for the weight of the waste. The Parish Council currently uses this service on an ad hoc basis for waste collection at Court Bushes Community Hub.
13. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.