Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 16 July 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 16 July 2020 to be sent an email or telephone invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 10 July 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Julia Shorrocks (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Stephen Hand, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Duncan Ranger.
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 18 June 2020 Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts: The committee is asked to:
(i) Note payments for month 3 (June 2020).
(ii) Note receipts for month 3 (June 2020).
6. Financial monitoring: To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
- Bank Reconciliations for month 3 – July 2020 (where there has been activity). The other cashbook balances have not changed.
- Balance Sheets for month 3 (July 2020).
- Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading for month 3 (July 2020).
- Summary Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading for month 3 (July 2020).
- Village Centre Bank Statement 1 April 2020 to 8 July 2020.
- In addition, the Committee is asked to consider the current position of the Parish Council and Village Centre accounts in respect of the impact of COVID-19 and consider any actions necessary to take, to safeguard the 2020/21 budgets and agree any recommendations for Council.
7. Deposits and investment: As of 31 May 2020, the Parish Council held the following balances. A further £46,336.32 is held with the CCLA in shares.
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||n/a||£354,993.83|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£54,107.44|
|Nationwide||2 Year Fixed Term Bond||11/02/2021||£33,614.78|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||10/05/2021||£51,716.82|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||14/11/2021||£35,770.00|
8. New bank accounts: To consider a briefing note on the opening of new bank accounts to take advantage of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme limit of £85,000 per account and to receive a recommendation on which three accounts to open.
9. Review of the Reserves: To consider further the discussion at Council meeting on 23 January 2020 Minute C19/089 Reserves, which resolved that reserves be regularly reviewed at Finance & Governance Committee meetings.
10. Utilities Procurement Contract: To consider a report on the procurement exercise to rationalise the Parish Council’s non-half hourly electricity meter contracts.
11. Direct debit request: To consider and agree to setting up a direct debit to Videoloft for the cloud recording of the CCTV images at Court Bushes at £38.40 per month + VAT.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
12.1 National salary award update: To receive a verbal update on the pay negotiations by the National Joint Council for Local Government Services (NJC) for 2020-2021. When agreement is eventually reached, any increase is likely to be backdated to 1 April 2020. An estimate of a 2.5% increase was used to support the budget setting process for 2020/21.
The council is asked to resolve that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
13. Confidential matters:
13.1 Chantry Stables Charity Shop: To consider a request from the Trustees of the Hurst Charity Shop.
13.2 Locum Finance Officer: To receive a verbal update regarding the Locum Finance Officer.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.