Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 17 June 2021 at 7.30pm at the Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to, attend the meeting.
Please note all COVID guidelines must be adhered to:
1. Wear masks on entry and until seated. Masks must be worn if not seated.
2. Use hand sanitiser.
3. Follow the one way system, clockwise around the room.
4. Open doors and windows to allow air to circulate.
5. Public to sign in for Track and Trace.
6. Maximum room capacity of the Function Room is 24.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 11 June 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Peter Griffiths, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, Cllr Duncan Ranger.
1. Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. To elect the Vice-Chair of the Finance & Governance Committee for the following year: To receive nominations and elect a Vice-Chair of the Committee for the following year.
4. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 20 May 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
5. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
6. Payments and receipts for Month 2 (May 2021): The committee is asked to:
6.1 Note payments of £34,869.23 (excl. VAT).
6.2 Note receipts of £12,482.19 (no VAT).
7. Financial monitoring for Month 2 (May 2021): To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
7.1 Bank Reconciliations.
7.2 Balance Sheet.
7.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
8. Deposits and investment:
8.1 As of 31 May 2021, the Parish Council held the following balances.
Financial Institution Account Type Maturity Date Amount
Unity Trust Current account n/a £224,591.66
Nationwide 95 Day Savings Account 95 days’ notice £88,336.72
Cambridge & Counties BS 3 Year Fixed Term Bond 10/05/2021 £52596.00
Cambridge & Counties BS 3 Year Fixed Term Bond 14/11/2021 £36,559.10
United Trust Bank 1 Year Fixed Term 17/12/2021 £85,000.00
Hodge Bank 1 Year Fixed Term 13/01/2022 £85,000.00
8.2 At 31 May 2021 a further £46,392.82 is held with the CCLA in shares.
9. Review of Coronavirus Cancellation Policy: To consider a briefing note in order to review the Coronavirus Cancellation Policy which currently has an expiry date of 30 June 2021.
10. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.