Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Tuesday 19 July 2022 at 7.30pm in the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Wednesday 13 July 2022
Committee Membership: Cllr Duncan Ranger (Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Martin Machan, Cllr Claire Majsai (plus one vacancy).
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
- To elect the Vice-Chair of the Finance & Governance Committee for the following year: To receive nominations and elect a Vice-Chair of the Committee for the following year.
- Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 23 June 2022 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
5. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
6. Parish Council Financial Monitoring for Month 3 (June 2022): To note:
6.1 Payments of £30,931.61 (excl. VAT).
6.2 Receipts of £8,285.59 (VAT Not Applicable).
6.4 Balance Sheet.
6.5 Detailed Income and Expenditure.
6.6 VAT Return Q1.
6.7 The funds held in CCLA shares on 30 June 2022 of £46,497.95.
6.8 Deposits and investments: To note the Parish Council held the following balances on 30.06.22:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current Account||N/A||£209,780.09|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,699.03|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||22/06/2023||£50,000.00|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||28/11/2022||£50,005.63|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||18/12/2022||£100,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||14/02/2023||£100,000.00|
7. Village Centre Financial Monitoring for Month 3 (June 2022): To note:
7.1 Payments of £4,839.93 (VAT Not Applicable).
7.2 Receipts of £6,593.53 (VAT Not Applicable).
7.3 Bank Reconciliations.
7.4 Balance Sheet.
7.5 Detailed Income and Expenditure.
8. Parish Action Plan: To review the items for the Committee on the Parish Action Plan and consider adding a review of virus protection.
9. St Lawrence Fair & Harris Fun Fair: To review the arrangements for the hire of South Avenue Recreation Ground for the St Lawrence Fair.
10. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
11. Bank Mandates: To review the list and confirm the councillors named on the bank mandates.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.