Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 21 April 2022 at 7.30pm in the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Thursday 14 April 2022
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Duncan Ranger (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai (plus two vacancies).
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 17 March 2022 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and Receipts for Month 12 (March 2022): To note:
5.1 Payments of £58,674.51 (excl. VAT). This includes the costs of resurfacing South Lane, Pitt Lane and Court Bushes Access Road as well as February and March 2022 salaries.
5.2 Receipts of £13,695.94 (VAT Not Applicable).
6. Financial Monitoring and Provisional Year End Position: To note the account records for month 12 (March 2022) in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
- Bank Reconciliations for March 2021.
- Provisional Year End Balance Sheet.
- Provisional Year End Income and Expenditure.
- Q4 VAT Return
7. Deposits and Investments for Month 12 (March 2022): To note
7.1 As of 31 March 2022, the Parish Council held the following balances.
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current Account||N/A||£126,750.40|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,699.03|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||21/06/2022||£48,000.00|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||28/11/2022||£50,005.63|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||18/12/2022||£100,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||14/02/2023||£100,000.00|
7.2 At 31 March 2022 a further £46,422.09 is held with the CCLA in shares.
8. Provisional Year End Adjustments: To consider a briefing note to review the provisional year end accounting statement, accruals, the general reserve and any additional earmarked reserves transfers.
9. Parish Action Plan: To review the Finance & Governance Section of the Parish Action Plan Version 20 as agreed at Council on 24 February 2022.
10. Direct Debit Request: To consider a direct debit to pay the Cemetery Chapel Business Rates (National Non-Domestic Rates) to Mid Sussex District Council. Last year this was £538.07 per annum or £54 per month over ten months.
11. Disposal of Items – Workshop: To consider a briefing note regarding the disposal of some items of equipment in the Cemetery Chapel workshop.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
13. Land at Brown Twins Road – To consider the valuation for Surveying the land at Brown Twins Road/Trinity Court owned by West Sussex County Council and agree the next steps.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.