Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be
held on Thursday 18 June 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams.
If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 18 June 2020 to be
sent an email or telephone invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 12 June 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Julia Shorrocks (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr
Stephen Hand, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Duncan Ranger.
- Apologies for absence and declarations of interest: To receive and accept apologies for absence and to
note any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes
of the 21 May 2020 Committee meeting.
- Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with
Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
- Payments and receipts: The committee is asked to:
(i) Note payments of £27,723.46 for month 2 (May 2020).
(ii) Note receipts of £2,156.64 for month 2 (May 2020).
- Financial monitoring: To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the
council, as follows:
i. Bank Reconciliations including copies of bank statements for cashbooks 1 and 3, where there has
been activity, for month 1 (April 2020) and month 2 (May 2020). The other cashbook balances have
ii. Balance Sheets for month 1 (April 2020) and month 2 (May 2020); and
iii. Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading for month 2 (May 2020).
- Deposits and investment: To note the funds held by the Council in the Public Sector Deposit Fund at 31
- Reconfiguration of Rialtus Business Suite Accounting System: To note the content of the briefing note
explaining the new framework behind the accounting system to make financial information clearer and to
allow each committee to take responsibility for financial decisions within its remit.
- Asset Register: To consider the revised Asset Register which includes a new summary page. The recent
Internal Audit Report letter of 15 May 2020 recommended a summary of the changes over the past year was
added to the Asset Register. A revised version is attached for consideration and adoption:
RECOMMENDATION: The Committee agrees to recommend the revised Asset Register to Council for
approval and adoption.
- Hurstpierpoint Village Centre End of Year Accounts to 31 March 2020: To consider and agree the income
and expenditure for the year ending 31 March 2020 for the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Charity and agree
to recommend it to the Village Centre Trustees for approval and adoption as follows:
HURSTPIERPOINT SAYERS COMMON
RECOMMENDATION: The Committee agrees to recommend the Income and Expenditure for Year
Ending 31 March 2020 for the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Charity to the Village Centre Trustees
for approval and adoption.
- Information items, correspondence received or requests:
10.1 National salary award update: The National Joint Council for Local Government Services (NJC) is still yet to
agree the new pay scales for 2020-2021, to be implemented from 1 April 2020. If agreement is reached after 1
April 2020, any increase is likely to be backdated. An estimate of a 2.5% increase was used to support the budget
setting process for 2020/21.
10.2 To note any further items.
- Date of the Next Meeting: To agree the date of the next Committee meeting as 16 July 2020 at 7.30pm.
The council is asked to resolve that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be
excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
- Confidential matters:
12.1 Kiddie Capers Childcare: To consider correspondence from Kiddie Capers Childcare regarding their Lease at
Court Bushes Community Hub.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and
photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.