Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 15 October 2020 at 7.30pm via Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on Thursday 15 October 2020 to be sent an email or telephone invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 9 October 2020
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Julia Shorrocks (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Stephen Hand, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Duncan Ranger.
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 17 September 2020 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts: The committee is asked to:
5.1 Note payments of £31,480.04 (excl. VAT) for month 6 (September 2020).
5.2 Note receipts of £146,631.65 (no VAT) for month 6 (September 2020).
6. Financial monitoring: To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
- Bank Reconciliations for month 6 (September 2020). The bank statement is included for Cashbook 1, the Unity Trust current account as there has been activity.
- Balance Sheet for month 6 (September 2020).
- Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading for month 6 (September 2020).
- Summary Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading for month 6 (September 2020).
- VAT Return Analysis for end of Quarter 2 – month 6 (September 2020).
7. Deposits and investment: As of 30 September 2020, the Parish Council held the following balances. A further £46,373.99 is held with the CCLA in shares.
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||n/a||£420,119.91|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£54,107.44|
|Nationwide||2 Year Fixed Term Bond||11/02/2021||£33,614.78|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||10/05/2021||£51,716.82|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||14/11/2021||£35,770.00|
8. Coronavirus cancellation policy. To review the Policy agreed by Council on 23 April 2020 (Minute C19/123) in view of the latest restrictions set by Government. To note the Council Minute of 24 September 2020 (Minute C20/21.051.3) which noted the Policy was still applicable but discussed adding an official revision/expiry date to the Policy. The Finance & Governance Committee was asked to consider this request and make a recommendation to Council on 22 October 2020.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to recommend to Council that the Coronavirus cancellation policy contains an official revision date of 31 March 2021.
9. Half yearly financial analysis: To consider a briefing note to assist the Committee in reviewing and assessing the Council’s financial position at the half-way point of the year and make recommendations to Council.
10. Parish Action Plan: To consider a revised Action Plan (version 11) following minor changes made by the Community Engagement Committee on 13 August and the Estates & Facilities Management Committee on 10 September and recommend its adoption by Council.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the revised Action Plan (version 11) and recommends its adoption by Council.
11. Budget and precept 2021/2022: To consider a briefing note to assist the Committee prepare for the work required to assist the Council set a budget and fix the precept (Council Tax requirement) to be levied for the ensuing financial year, by no later than the end of January 2021.
12. West Sussex Pension Fund Pooling Agreement Review: To consider signing the West Sussex Pension Fund Agreement letter of variation, which covers the arrangements of participating in the Small Scheduled Bodies Pool. The pooling agreement ensures that the smaller authorities pension fund is shared amongst smaller councils. WSCC have sent the Council a letter of variation to this Agreement, which we are asked to review, complete, sign and return by 30 October 2020. The changes to the regulations can be found in the letter.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to recommend Council signs and returns the letter of variation from West Sussex County Council for the Pension Fund Pooling Agreement by 30 October 2020.
13. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.