Committee Members are summoned to attend the Meeting of the Finance, Governance & Estates Committee to be held on Thursday 23 November 2023 at 7.30pm at Hurstpierpoint Village Centre. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 17 November 2023
Committee Membership: Cllr Duncan Ranger (Chair), Cllr Rodney Jackson (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Mark Froud, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai and Cllr Annette Street.
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance, Governance & Estates Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 19 October 2023 Finance, Governance & Estates Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
- 5. Parish Council Financial Monitoring for Month 7 (October 2023): To note:
5.1 Payments of £121,963.66 (EX VAT). This includes a £100,000 transfer to the Unity Trust Savings Account on 3 October 2023.
5.2 Receipts of £11,049.43 (VAT N/A). This includes the Q2 VAT Refund of £6,749.48.
5.4 Balance Sheet.
5.5 Nominal Ledger.
5.6 Income and Expenditure.
5.7 The funds held in CCLA shares on 31 October 2023 are £103,694.53.
5.8 Deposits and investments accounts held on 31 October 2023:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date|
|Unity Trust||Current Account||N/A|
|Unity Trust||Savings Account||N/A|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 Days notice|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||22/06/2024|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||28/11/2023|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||19/12/2023|
|Redwood Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/02/2024|
- 5.9 The Cambridge & Counties 1 Year Fixed Term Deposit matures on 28 November 2023 and the Committee is asked to agree whether it wishes to reinvest its £50,000.
- 6. Village Centre Financial Monitoring for Month 7 (October 2023): To note:
6.1 Payments of £1,173.96 (VAT N/A).
6.2 Receipts of £10,227.33 (VAT N/A).
6.3 Bank Reconciliations.
6.4 Balance Sheet.
6.5 Income and Expenditure.
6.6 Deposit accounts held on 31 October 2023 are i) CAF Cash Current Account; and ii) CAF Gold Savings Account. Maturity dates do not apply.
7. Parish Action Plan: To review the items for the Committee on the Parish Action Plans 2023/2024.
8. Estates & Facilities Update: Toreceive and note an update report on Estates & Facilities Management.
9. Fees and Charges Review for 2024/25: To review the briefing note setting out the schedule of annual charges recommendations for 1 April 2024 to 31 March 2025 and to recommend it to Council for adoption.
10. Budget Setting 2024/25: To review and assess the Finance & Governance budget requirements for 2024/25 including staffing costs.
11. Budget Setting 2024/25: To review and assess the Estates & Facilities Management budget requirements for 2024/25.
12. Phone and Broadband Contract Review: To consider a proposal for the renewal of the phone and broadband services for Court Bushes Community Hub and the Parish Council office/Village Centre currently with British Telecom.
13. Draft CCTV Policy: To consider a draft policy regarding the use of closed-circuit cameras for recommendation to Council.
14. Court Bushes CCTV: To consider a business case for the purchase of extra cameras to cover Court Bushes Community Hub external areas following a recent increase in vandalism.
15. Draft Winter Plan 2023/24: To review the draft Winter Plan for 2023/24 and recommend it to Council for adoption.
16. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.