Committee Members are summoned to attend the Meeting of the Finance, Governance & Estates Committee to be held on Thursday 24 August 2023 at 7.30pm at Hurstpierpoint Village Centre. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 18 August 2023
Committee Membership: Cllr Duncan Ranger (Chair), Cllr Rodney Jackson (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Mark Froud, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai.
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance, Governance & Estates Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 20 July 2023 Finance, Governance & Estates Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Parish Council Financial Monitoring for Month 4 (July 2023): To note:
5.1 Payments of £40,194.46 (EX VAT). Please note, this includes a data entry error showing a £14,704.73 payment to HMRC for the Q1 VAT Claim. This is corrected in the list of receipts.
5.2 Receipts of £34,311.40 (VAT N/A). Please note, this includes a data entry error showing a £14,704.73 receipt from HMRC for the Q1 VAT Claim to cancel out the payment error above. The actual Q1 VAT Claim receipt from the HMRC is £16,488.63.
5.4 Balance Sheet.
5.5 Nominal Ledger.
5.6 Income and Expenditure.
5.7 The funds held in CCLA shares on 31 July 2023 of £102,402.32.
5.8 Deposits and investments accounts held on 31 July 2023:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date|
|Unity Trust||Current Account||N/A|
|Unity Trust||Savings Account||N/A|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 Days notice|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||22/06/2024|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||28/11/2023|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||19/12/2023|
|Redwood Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/02/2024|
6. Village Centre Financial Monitoring for Month 4 (July 2023): To note:
6.1 Payments of £1,162.13 (VAT N/A). This does not include the July Gas or Electricity invoices.
6.2 Receipts of £3,056.00 (VAT N/A).
6.3 Bank Reconciliations.
6.4 Balance Sheet.
6.5 Income and Expenditure.
6.6 Deposit accounts held on 31 July 2023 are i) CAF Cash Current Account; and ii) CAF Gold Savings Account. Maturity dates do not apply.
7. Parish Action Plan: To review the items for the Committee on the Parish Action Plans 2023/2024.
8. Reeds Lane Drainage Designs: To consider the plans for the design of a drainage scheme for Reeds Lane Recreation Ground and agree to seek quotes for the implementation of the design.
9. Repairs to the Bifold Doors at Court Bushes Community Hub 2023: To consider a briefing note concerning the repairs required to the Function Room bi-fold doors at the Court Bushes Community Hub.
10. Estates & Facilities Update: Toreceive and note an update report on Estates & Facilities Management.
11. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
11.1 BHIB Councils Insurance: To note that from 1 September 2023 the Parish Council’s insurers BHIB will retire the BHIB Councils Insurance name, brand and website and start trading as Clear Councils.
Members are asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following items, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
12. Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club: To consider an independent valuation for the five-yearly rent review of Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.