Committee Members are summoned to attend the Meeting of the Finance, Governance & Estates Committee to be held on Tuesday 19 September 2023 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Wednesday 13 September 2023
Committee Membership: Cllr Duncan Ranger (Chair), Cllr Rodney Jackson (Vice-Chair), Cllr David Evans, Cllr Mark Froud, Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn, Cllr Claire Majsai.
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance, Governance & Estates Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 24 August 2023 Finance, Governance & Estates Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Parish Council Financial Monitoring for Month 5 (August 2023): To note:
5.1 Payments of £32,790.09 (EX VAT).
5.2 Receipts of £46,041.46 (VAT N/A). This includes a £40,000 top up from the savings account.
5.4 Balance Sheet.
5.5 Nominal Ledger.
5.6 Income and Expenditure.
5.7 The funds held in CCLA shares on 31 August 2023 of £102,826.36.
5.8 Deposits and investments accounts held on 31 August 2023:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date|
|Unity Trust||Current Account||N/A|
|Unity Trust||Savings Account||N/A|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 Days notice|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||22/06/2024|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||1 Year Fixed Term Bond||28/11/2023|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||19/12/2023|
|Redwood Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/02/2024|
6. Village Centre Financial Monitoring for Month 5 (August 2023): To note:
6.1 Payments of £1,253.71 (VAT N/A).
6.2 Receipts of £976.20 (VAT N/A).
6.3 Bank Reconciliations.
6.4 Balance Sheet.
6.5 Income and Expenditure.
7. Parish Action Plans: To review the items for the Committee on the Parish Action Plans 2023/2024.
8. Internal Auditors Engagement: To consider the letter of engagement which proposes appointing Mulberry & Co as the Parish Council’s Internal Auditor for 2023-2024, 2024-2025 and 2025-2026 and recommend their appointment to Council.
9. Internal Controls: To review the findings from the September 2023 internal controls exercise including the recommendation to include an insurance/replacement value uplift on the 31 March 2024 asset register and to recommend their adoption by Council.
10. Court Bushes Container Project: To consider a briefing note setting out the proposals for the purchase of a storage container for Court Bushes Community Hub Car Park.
11. Estates & Facilities Update: Toreceive and note an update report on Estates & Facilities Management.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.