Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 16 September 2021 at 7.30pm in the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 10 September 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Duncan Ranger (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Peter Griffiths, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, (plus one vacancy).
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 12 August 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts for Month 5 (August 2021): To note:
5.1 Payments of £19,964.33 (excl. VAT).
5.2 Receipts of £12,397.45 (no VAT).
6. Financial monitoring for Month 5 (August 2021): To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations.
6.2 Balance Sheet.
6.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
7. Deposits and investment: To note that as of 31 August2021, the Parish Council held the following balances:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||n/a||£363,188.56|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,336.72|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||10/05/2021||£48,000.00|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||14/11/2021||£36,559.10|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/12/2021||£85,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||13/01/2022||£85,000.00|
The Committee is asked to note that at 31 August 2021 a further £46,395.84 is held with the CCLA in shares.
8. Asset Register: To receive a verbal update regarding the RICS Surveyor engaged to re-assess the re-build values of eight properties namely the Cemetery Chapel, Chantry Stables, Brick Built Bus Shelters at the Village Garden and Village Green, Pitt Lane and Trinity Road Public Toilets, Court Bushes Community Hub and the Village Centre. This information will be updated on the Asset Register.
9. Internal Controls: To review the revised Internal Controls (Version 4) following testing and recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee NOTES the finding from the recent testing exercise and AGREES to recommend the revised Internal Controls template to Council for adoption.
10. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.