Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 22 October 2020 at 7.30pm using Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on 22 October 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 16 October 2020
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 24 September 2020 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils and Sussex Association of Local Councils
5.4 Nominate and agree up to two representatives to West Sussex Association of Local Councils: To consider nominating two councillors as voting representatives on the WS ALC. At the Parish Council annual meeting in May 2020, Cllrs Brown and Jackson were elected to the Mid Sussex ALC but not the WS ALC. The WS ALC annual general meeting is on 8 November 2020.
6. Committee, Working Group and Panel Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (1 October 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (8 October 2020) Recommendation for Council:
CE20/21.020.01. Small Grants: The Committee agreed to recommend to Council that it awards a grant from the COVID-19 Ear Marked Reserve to the Hurst Covid-19 Neighbours Support Group to cover their costs.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES a grant of £165.51 for the Hurst Covid-19 Neighbours Support Group from the COVID-19 Ear Marked Reserve.
6.3 Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (13 October 2020) Recommendation for Council:
White Paper: Planning for the Future: The Panel considered a response to the Government’s White Paper: Planning for the Future consultation and a draft response has been prepared for consideration by Council. The deadline for the response is 29 October 2020.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES to submit the draft response to the White Paper: Planning for the Future consultation, by 29 October 2020.
6.4 Finance & Governance Committee (15 October 2020) Recommendations for Council:
Minute F20/21.052: Coronavirus Cancellation Policy: The Committee considered adding a revision/expiry date to the Policy as directed by Council on 24 September (Minute C20/21.051.3) and agreed the following recommendation:
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES that the Coronavirus Cancellation Policy contains an official revision date of 31 March 2021.
Minute F20/21.053: Half yearly financial analysis: The Committee reviewed the Parish Council’s financial position at the half-way point of the year and agreed the following recommendation:
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES that:
- The Community Engagement Committee may recommence activities within its agreed budget, although grant requests are to be limited to supporting local organisations.
- Given the council’s overall financial position at the end of quarter 2, all Committees may continue with budgeted expenditure items, except for the new decking at Court Bushes.
Minute F20/21.054: Action Plan: The Committee considered a revised Action Plan and agreed the following recommendation:
RECOMMENDATION: That Council ADOPTS the revised Action Plan (version 11); and the date 2016-2021 would be removed, and the plan would become a rolling action plan with six monthly updates and revisions.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees, Advisory Group and Panel:
- Planning & Environment Committee (1 October 2020)
- Community Engagement Committee (8 October 2020)
- Strategic Policy & Resources Panel (13 October 2020)
- Finance & Governance Committee (15 October 2020)
7. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests: To note any items.