Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 24 March 2022 at 7.30pm at Court Bushes Community Hub. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 18 March 2022
- Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 24 February 2022 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council (MSDC)
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (3 March 2022) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (10 March 2022) One recommendations for Council:
CE21/22.040.6 St Lawrence Fair: The committee discussed the Parish Council presence at the St Lawrence Fair, and it was RESOLVED: (1) That the committee AGREED to attend the St Lawrence fair (2) The committee AGREED to ask at the next full council meeting for volunteers to set up and run the stall so a rota could be produced. (3) The committee AGREED to ask at the next full council meeting for volunteers to design and create the display boards for the day. (4) The committee AGREED to ask at the next full council meeting whether it was appropriate to have a game at our stall.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES that:
- Named volunteers will set up and run the stall so a rota could be produced.
- Named volunteers will design and create the display boards for the day.
- it is appropriate to have a game at the Parish Council stall.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (17 March 2022) Three recommendations for Council:
F21/22.110 Reserves Policy: The Committee reviewed the Reserves Policy and RESOLVED: To recommend the Reserves Policy to Council for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council approves and adopts the Reserves Policy.
F21/22.111 Earmarked Reserves: The Committee reviewed the Earmarked Reserves and RESOLVED: To recommend the adjustments to the Earmarked Reserves to Council for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council approves and adopts the adjustments to Earmarked Reserves as recommended by the Finance & Governance Committee.
F21/22.112 Asset Register: The Committee reviewed the Asset Register and RESOLVED: To recommend the Asset Register to Council for approval and adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council approves and adopts the Asset Register.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Council RECEIVES the minutes of the following Committees and agrees the above recommendations:
- Planning & Environment Committee (3 March 2022)
- Community Engagement Committee (10 March 2022)
- Finance & Governance Committee (17 March 2022)
7. MSDC District Plan Review: To receive a verbal update on the latest position with the MSDC District Plan Review.
8. MSDC Community Governance Review: To agree the Parish Council’s response to MSDC’s community governance review consultation (stage one) and respond by 15 April 2022.
9. MSDC Public Space Protection Orders: To consider MSDC’s proposed Public Space Protection Order for Fairfield Recreation Ground and any other appropriate sites in the parish.
10. European Pension Certificates: To consider how the Parish Council can assist residents with signatures and official stamps for their European Pensions certificates.
11. Court Bushes Lighting Scheme: To consider two quotes for the replacement Function Room lighting at Court Bushes Community Hub.
12. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
12.1 To note the letter from Cllr Graham Ford, Chair of the NALC Smaller Councils Committee.
12.2 To note the NALC Briefing – GB1-22 Ukraine.
12.3 To note the Giganet Installation Roll-Out presentation. Giganet provides Full Fibre Internet and phone services to both businesses and residential customers.
12.4. To note the West Sussex County Council Transport Plan 2022-2036 Consultation Report has been published.
The Committee is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
13. Hurst Meadows: To receive a verbal update on land matters relating to Hurst Meadows.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.