Dear Councillor Planning & Environment Committee – Thursday 2nd July 2020 at 7.30pm. Due to COVID-19 this meeting will go ahead via Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 1st July 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
1. Apologies for Absence and Declarations of Interest: To receive and accept apologies for absence and to note any declarations of interest.
2. Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 4th June 2020: To receive and accept the Minutes.
3. Matters arising from the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on 4th June 2020:
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: The Committee is to consider whether to adjourn the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, in order to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Planning applications delegated to Committee Chairman and Vice-Chairman in accordance with Minute P17/048: (The decisions of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman will be reported to the meeting.) The Committee is asked to note:
5.1 Northbrooks Danworth Lane Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9LW. DM/20/1958. Proposed extension to existing Timber framed garage.
5.2 1 Barter Close Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9FS. DM/20/2124. Oak (T3) Removal of a low hanging branch, encroaching on car parking space.
6. Planning applications – Committee decision: The Committee is asked to consider the following and make RECOMMENDATIONS to the Planning authority:
6.1 Little Park Farm Marchants Close Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9UZ. DM/20/1533. Removal of an existing barn, mobile home and other outbuildings. Construction of 3 dwellings. Amended plans received 16.06.2020.
6.2 Land West Of Burgess Hill Between The A273 And A2300 Burgess Hill West Sussex. DM/20/0254. Reserved Matters application for DM/18/5114 – the first phase of the Western Link Road, comprising the construction of a new all-movements roundabout on the A273 Jane Murray Way, a single-carriageway 7.3-metre wide highway link with two 3-metre shared footways/cycleways and two 2.75-metre verges, connecting to the A2300 via a new all-movements roundabout, junction to the UKPN electricity substation, junction to future employment uses, zones for two minor junctions, signalised crossing points, earthworks, surface water and foul drainage infrastructure, utilities corridors, lighting, and landscaping. Amended plans and updated supported documents received 17th March 2020 detailing amendments including the extension of the southern boundary of the site to accommodate increased drainage basins and inclusion of bridleway on north side of A2300. (Transport note received 30th April, Amended plans received 12th May showing minor increase in width of application site area either side of the proposed link road corridor and amended biodiversity report, planning statement and additional sections received 29th May)
6.3 80 College Lane Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9AJ. DM/20/1884. Scots Pine – Fell.
6.4 2 Pakyns Court Albourne Road Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex
BN6 9ET. DM/20/1844. Replacement of existing single glazed casement timber sashes with double glazed timber sashes
6.5 2 Pakyns Court Albourne Road Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9ET. DM/20/1839. Partial double garage conversion into home office room and single garage
6.6 Cowdrays Policemans Lane Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9TW. DM/20/1985. T1 Beech – Reduce crown height by up to 2.5m.
6.7 New House Farm Twineham Lane Twineham Haywards Heath West Sussex RH17 5NP. DM/20/0876
A proposed 30 x 30 metre earth bunded farmyard manure store, concrete access apron and creation of a cross fall for drainage improvements previously approved under DM/16/5277 (Additional information submitted 21/05/2020).
6.8 Little Lower Ease Cuckfield Road Ansty Haywards Heath West Sussex RH17 5AL. DM/20/1710. Construction of 5 bedroom detached dwelling.
6.9 Leigh Cottage Cuckfield Road Ansty Haywards Heath West Sussex RH17 5AL. DM/20/1832. Demolish one block of 4 stables and one block containing hay/feed stores to be replaced with two new blocks containing the same number of stables (4 in number) and stores together with a washdown area and horse solarium.
7. Licencing Applications: The Committee is asked to consider the following and make RECOMMENDATIONS to the Planning authority:
7.1 New Premises Licence. Apple Mint Florist, 52 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, BN6 9RG. LI/20/0608
We are a Local high street Florist shop comprising of shop, storeroom and rest room. we would like to be able to compete on equal terms with larger national chains offering delivery of flowers accompanied by a bottle of wine. We would like to offer a bottle of wine or spirit as an add on product with the sale of a bouquet of flowers in the same way as we offer chocolates and scented candles now. This will either be collected from the shop or delivered by our driver. This will be an add on product only to our main business as a florist. We will not be selling alcohol without flowers. It is intended to enhance the gift of flowers only. It is expected to be a very small and seasonal part of the business e.g. Valentines day.
8. MSDC Planning Decisions: (All as HP&SCPC recommendation, except where noted.
8.1. Granted: to note permissions granted by MSDC:
a) 66 Nursery Close Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9WA.DM/20/1325. Erection of two storey side and rear extension with the addition of dormer windows
b) 117 And 119 Western Road Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9SY. DM/20/1474. Lime (T1) – Re-pollard
Birch (T2 & T3) – Reduce lateral branches on North side by 1.5m
1 x Eucalyptus – Fell
1 x Robinia – Reduce crown by 1.5
1 x Oak – Remove 2 x lowest primary limbs on South side, reduce crown by 2m
c) Land South Of White Horse Lodge Furzeland Way Sayers Common West Sussex. DM/19/3952. The construction of 2 x 2 bed, 3 x 3 bed, 4 x 4 bed dwellings with associated access to B2218, landscaping and parking (Amended red line plan received 11 November 2019). (HPP&SC PC recommended refusal)
d) 9 The Sycamores Sayers Common Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9XP. DM/20/1417. Demolition of existing rear conservatory extension. Erection of new single storey rear extension. Replacement of existing garage door with new window to front. Internal remodelling.(HPP&SC PC recommended refusal)
e) 126C High Street Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9PX. DM/20/0980. (Amended plans 11/05/2020) Replacement of the existing windows and doors to shopfront.
f) Fieldside Hassocks Road Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9QW. DM/20/1305. Implementation of DM/17/2039. Description amended 01.05.2020 as application relates to implementation of planning permission DM/18/0855, not DM/17/2039 as originally stated.
g) 7 Chestnut Grove Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9SS. DM/20/1210. Part two storey, part single storey side extension. (Revised plan received 07.05.2020)
h) Barn Southwest Of Pakyns House Bullfinch Lane Hurstpierpoint West Sussex. DM/20/1461. The construction of an agricultural building, the use of that building for agricultural purposes as part of a trade or business.
i) 1 Chestnut Grove Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9SS. DM/20/1293. T1 Hornbeam – reduce crown by 2 metres.
j) Northbrooks Danworth Lane Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9LW. DM/20/1405. Change of use of agricultural land to residential and proposed horse manege.
k) 163 High Street Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9PU. DM/20/0448. Consent to insulate the internal walls of outbuilding in the back garden, refurbish the existing timber front door, and replace the existing back doors with glazed timber framed French doors.
8.2 Refused: to note refusals by MSDC: (All as HP&SCPC recommendation, except where noted)
No notifications received
8.3. Withdrawn: to note withdrawn applications:
No notifications received
8.4 Appeals: to note planning appeals:
No notifications received.
The role of the Planning Committee in planning decisions:
- The Planning Authority is Mid Sussex District Council or South Downs National Park Authority who have the final decision on whether planning permissions are granted or refused.
- The Parish Council is a Statutory Consultee, which means that MSDC or SDNPA must ask for its opinion and take it into account, but not necessarily follow its recommendation. (The Planning Authority can grant permission against the wishes of the Parish Council.)
- The Parish Council has delegated its decision-making to the Planning Committee, which is authorised to express the Council’s view. /
- The Committee should take account of local planning policies, as detailed in the MSDC Local Plan (2004) and the Neighbourhood Plan PARISH 2031. It can also take guidance from the Parish Council’s Design Statement.
- Members of the public attending Committee meetings are given the opportunity to speak on matters on the agenda,but should follow the procedures set down in the Council’s Standing Orders.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.