MINUTES of the meeting of the Planning Committee on Thursday 13 September 2018 at 8.00 pm in the Village Centre, Trinity Road, Hurstpierpoint.
Committee Members Present
|Martin Machan (Chairman) David Evans Malcolm Llewellyn Stephen Hand Bob Sampson||Tony Lank Rosemary Burns Rodney Jackson John Lowman|
Charlotte Kempson ASSISTANT CLERK
Helen Valler ASSISTANT CLERK
1 member of the public
P18/040. Apologies for Absence and Declarations of Interest: The following apologies for absence were received prior to the meeting and accepted: Allan Brown & Julia Shorrocks. The following members declared a personal interest:
Martin Machan: (P/18/45.4 Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club, Recreation Ground, South Avenue, Hurstpierpoint BN6 9QB.
LI/18/1146); Tony Lank: (P/18/45.4 Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club, Recreation Ground, South Avenue, Hurstpierpoint BN6
9QB. LI/18/1146); Stephen Hand: (P/18/45.4 Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club, Recreation Ground, South Avenue,
Hurstpierpoint BN6 9QB. LI/18/1146); John Lowman: (P/18/45.4 Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club, Recreation Ground, South Avenue, Hurstpierpoint BN6 9QB. LI/18/1146).
The following member declared a financial interest: Martin Machan: (P18/45.3 Townfield House 114 High Street Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9PX. DM/18/3559)
P18/041. Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 23 August 2018: The minutes were received and accepted by the Committee and signed by the Chairman.
RESOLVED: The Minutes of the meeting of 23 August 2018 are adopted.
P18/042. Matters arising from the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on 23 August 2018: There were no matters arising.
P18/043. Adjournment for questions from the public: The Committee agreed to adjourn the meeting in accordance with Clause 1(d) of Standing Orders to allow members of the public to speak. It was agreed that the public would speak when the item was discussed. The meeting then resumed.
P18/044 Planning applications delegated to Committee Chairman and Vice-Chairman in accordance with Minute P17/048: (The decisions of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are reported to the meeting.)
P18/44.1 St Georges House Hassocks Road Hurstpierpoint West Sussex BN6 9QH. DM/18/3644. Lime
Tree – (T1) Fell
P18/44.2 40 Cuckfield Road Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9SA. DM/18/3553. Proposed loft
conversion to habitable space with four openable rooflights. This is an application to establish whether the development is lawful. This will be a legal decision where the planning merits of the proposed use cannot be taken into account.
No comment made
P18/045 Planning applications – Committee decision: The Committee was asked consider the following and make RECOMMENDATIONS to the Planning Authority:
P18/45.1 Hurstpierpoint College Chalkers Lane Hurstpierpoint West Sussex BN6 9JS. DM/18/2250.
Proposed relocation of existing temporary gym building.
RECOMMENDATION: Permission is granted on the basis that it is temporary for no more than three years
P18/45.2 Land to The North Of The A2300 Cuckfield Road Ansty West Sussex. DM/18/3617. Proposed
installation of ground-mounted solar voltaic modules
RECOMMENDATION: Permission subject to the following conditions:
- a. Provision is made for storage of power batteries, to be used to store excess electricity produced during the day, for consumption at other times.
- b. MSDC Tree Officer to visit the site
- c. Land is returned to original state at the end of expected life of the solar farm.
- d. The existing landscaping will not be altered or amended as a consequence of the widening of A2300 to dual carriageway.
P18/45.3 Townfield House 114 High Street Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9PX.
DM/18/3559 Replace portion of garden wall and inner wall enclosing steps using brick. App. Type: Listed Building Consent Due to the financial interest of the Chairman, the Vice-chairman Tony Lank took the chair for this item and Martin Machan left the room.
P18/45.4 Hurstpierpoint Bowling Club, Recreation Ground, South Avenue, Hurstpierpoint BN6 9QB.
LI/18/1146. Changes to the layout of the premises. Due to the personal interest of the Vice-Chairman, the Committee agreed to appoint member Malcolm Llewellyn to take the chair for this item.
Committee Chairman Martin Machan then resumed the chair.
P18/046 MSDC Planning Decisions: (All as HP&SCPC recommendation, except where noted.) P18/046.1 Granted: the Committee noted permissions granted by MSDC:
- (a) . Dukeside, 4 Dukes Place, Sayers Common, BN6 9JF. DM/18/2626 Group of 4xOaks – reduce back by 2-3 metres
- (b) . 164 Western Road, Hurstpierpoint, BN6 9TE. DM/18/3118 (T1) Scots Pine – fell
(c ) Ailsa Craig, Abberton Field, Hurstpierpoint, BN6 9QD. Spruce – Remove to ground level.
(d) . 5 Osborn Close, Sayers Common ,Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9JR. DM/18/2841. Proposed single storey rear extension.
(e ) 38 College Lane Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9AQ. DM/18/2326. Eucalyptus (T1) Overall Crown Reduction of up to 5M.
- (f) 14 Layton Fields Close Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9YH. DM/18/0220.Erection of conservatory to rear and front. (Revised plans received 26th July). HP&SCPC recommended refusal.
- (g) Lauriston St Georges Lane Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9QX. DM/18/2997. (T1)-Box Elder – Fell, (T2) Rowan- Reduce crown by approx 1 metre, Cypress (T3) reduce by approx 1 metre.
- (h) 100 Willow Way Hurstpierpoint Hassocks West Sussex BN6 9TJ. DM/18/2661.Erection of new three bed end of terrace dwelling and minor alterations to existing dwelling.
- (i) Danworth Farm Cuckfield Road Hurstpierpoint West Sussex BN6 9GL.DM/18/2249.Removal of Condition 11 of planning permission DM/17/3777 – to allow the interconnection of the individual units.
P18/046.2 Refused: the Committee noted refusals by MSDC: (All as HP&SCPC recommendation, except where noted). No notifications received.
P18/046.3 Withdrawn: The Committee noted withdrawn applications: No notifications received
P18/046.4 Appeals: the Committee noted planning appeals:
(a) 157 High Street, Hurstpierpoint, Hassocks, West Sussex. DM/17/2564 and AP/18/0050. Proposed replacement of all external windows to wooden frames, replace front door and back door, repaint front aspect white with the addition of a slate plaque to note number and name.
P18/047 Information Items: The Committee noted:
(1) Street Naming – The Business Hub (2 August 2018)- the Committee noted that the process of collating a list of names is underway.
There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.45pm Chairman