Lower Churchyard Cemetery
This was opened in 1875 as an extension to the Holy Trinity Churchyard but was operated as a civil cemetery. Apart from a few burials in family graves, it is now unused.
The current parish cemetery is at South Avenue, off the High Street, and was first used in 1907. Located in a rural location at the foot of the downs, the cemetery is a tranquil and peaceful area and in additional to traditional grave sites there is a garden of rest for ashes plots. In addition, there is a small, serene Edwardian chapel at the cemetery for families who may find it more appropriate to use a smaller building for their funeral than the Holy Trinity parish church in the centre of the village. The cemetery is almost at capacity, we anticipate there being around 3 years of space left for future burials (January 2020)
New Burgess Hill Cemetery
This is actually situated in Hurstpierpoint parish, just west of the A273 and residents of Hurstpierpoint who wish to purchase plots in the cemetery may do so at the same rate as the residents of Burgess Hill.