Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Trustees held on Thursday 22 July 2021 at 6.30 p.m. at Court Bushes Community Hub (Charity No 305265)
|Allan Brown (Chair) Tony Lank John Lowman Malcolm Llewellyn Martin Machan||Claire Majsai Duncan Ranger Bob Sampson Julia Shorrocks|
Also present: Sarah Groom
1.Apologies for Absence: Apologies for absence were received from Helen Bedford.
2.Previous Minutes: The minutes of the meeting held on 25 February 2021 were agreed and accepted.
3.Annual Report 2020/2021: Allan Brown introduced the Annual Report for the previous year. The report included an update on the use of the building by various hirers and a description of some of the maintenance items undertaken for the building.
4. Annual Accounts 2020/2021: The Trustees agreed the accounts for the year ending 31 March 2021. The independent examination was delayed and would be ready for the December 2021 meeting, prior to submission of the accounts to the Charity Commission.
5. Appointment of Independent Examiner 2021/2022: It was agreed to ask Mulberry & Co to act as the independent examiner to inspect the accounts.
6. 2020/2021 Budget Monitoring: Trustees noted the budget monitoring report for the first quarter of 2021/22 including the bank reconciliations, balance sheet and detailed income and expenditure. 39% of income had been received and only 18.8% of expenditure had been spent. The receipt of the COVID business grant was noted.
7. Any other business: There were no other items of business.
8. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meetings is 16 December 2021 at 6.30pm but in future this meeting would be held in November not December.
The meeting closed at 6.42pm.