Minutes of the Meeting of the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Trustees held on Thursday 23 February 2023 at 6.45 p.m. at the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre (Charity No 305265)
|Allan Brown (Chair) Helen Bedford Tony Lank||John Lowman Malcolm Llewellyn Martin Machan||Claire Majsai Rodney Jackson Bob Sampson|
Also present: Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Trustees
- Apologies for Absence: Apologies for absence were received from Julia Shorrocks, Duncan Ranger and Martin Machan.
- Declarations of Interest: There were no declarations of interest.
- Previous Minutes: Trustees reviewed the minutes of the meeting held on 24 November 2022 and they were agreed and accepted.
- Budget Monitoring: Trustees noted the budget monitoring report for April 2022 to January 2023. Most budget lines were on target. The main concern was still the utility costs and in particular the electricity costs. More analysis is required on the electricity consumption. A smart meter had been requested and the fixed wire testing, if agreed may help identify high consumption circuits. Overall, the budget monitoring showed the Village Centre will have a budget deficit position on 31 March 2023.
- Financial Reserves: Trustees considered the overall reserves of £86,082 which included the £20,000 reserve earmarked for the end of year lease. Trustees agreed not to make any adjustments to the Reserves at this time. Trustees agreed the proposal to move the £65,000 from the Shawbrook Bank 60 Day Notice Account to an account that offered more interest. It was agreed to move the funds to the Shawbrook Easy Access Account offering 2.02%, subject to there being no restrictions on access.
- Building Condition Survey: Trustees noted the building survey summary for the Village Centre. Trustees had approved a quotation to re-decorate the Main Hall in the Village Centre at a cost of £3,184.80 which is now booked in. A debate about the best colour to use in the hall resulted in a request for an off white paint. Trustees agreed the purchase of mugs for general use in the main hall kitchen to a value of £79.96.
- Fixed Wire Testing: Trustees agreed the five-yearly fixed wire testing at a cost of £1,290.
8. LED Lighting Upgrade: Trustees agreed the final stages of the LED lighting upgrade at a cost of £4,562.
9. Budget 2023/2024: Trustees considered and agreed the budget for 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024. The potential deficit of £18,000 was noted.
10. Charity Commission Newsletter February 2023: Trustees noted the latest newsletter issued by the Charity Commission for information.
11. Future of the Charity: Trustees considered a report on the future of the Village Centre Charity and agreed to investigate the steps required to close the Village Centre Charity and in particular the financial implications.
12. Date of Next Meetings: The date of the next meetings: Thursday 20 July 2023 (AGM) and 23 November 2023, at 6.45pm.
The meeting closed at 7.25pm. Chairman