Minutes of the Meeting of the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Trustees held on Thursday 24 November 2022 at 6.45 p.m. at the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre (Charity No 305265)
|Allan Brown (Chair) Tony Lank John Lowman
|Malcolm Llewellyn Martin Machan Claire Majsai
|Duncan Ranger Rodney Jackson arrived at 7.10pm. David Evans arrived at 7.15pm.
Also present: Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Trustees
- Apologies for Absence: Apologies for absence were received from Mike Avery, Helen Bedford, Bob Sampson and Julia Shorrocks.
- Previous Minutes: The minutes of the AGM meeting held on 28 July 2022 were agreed and accepted.
- 2021/2022 Accounts: Trustees noted the submission of the annual report, accounts and independent examination to the Charity Commission had already been completed, within the 31 January 2023 deadline.
- 2022/2023 Budget Monitoring: Trustees noted the budget monitoring report for April to October 2022 including the bank reconciliations, balance sheet and detailed income and expenditure. Trustees noted the income at 31 October was at 47.6% and only 50.9% of expenditure had been spent. The Clerk would confirm that any storage income was correctly coded. The main concern was the utilities costs and in particular the electricity costs. A smart meter would be investigated as well as reducing consumption. Overall, the budget monitoring showed the Village Centre to be heading for a budget deficit position in the same region as last year which was £6,233.
- Financial Reserves: Trustees considered the earmarked reserves shown on the balance sheet, and agreed not to make any adjustments at this time. Trustees agreed the proposal to close the Shawbrook Bank Fixed Term Deposit account that had matured, and move £40,000 into the Shawbrook Bank 60 Day Notice Account and £10,000 into the CAF Gold Account, with the interest to be paid into the nominated CAF Cash Current Account. The future of the charity status was discussed with the possibility of closing it and bringing the building under the direct responsibility of the Parish Council.
- Main Hall Decorating: Trustees approved a quotation to re-decorate the Main Hall in the Village Centre at a cost of £3,184.80. The cleaning and re-painting of the sound boards to be confirmed. A price for new curtains for the main hall would also be investigated. External funding would be sought to contribute to the costs of the expense.
- Building Condition Survey: Trustees noted the building survey summary for the Village Centre and agreed the works listed would be completed either in-house or when funding allowed.
- Annual Charges Review 2023/2024: Trustees agreed the hiring charges for 2023/2024.
- Date of Next Meetings: Trustees agreed the date of the next meetings as: Thursday 23 February 2023, 20 July 2023 (AGM) and 23 November 2023, all at 6.45pm.
The meeting closed at 7.20pm.