Annual General Meeting
Trustees are requested to attend a meeting of the HURSTPIERPOINT VILLAGE CENTRE CHARITY (Charity No 305265) to be held on Thursday 27 July 2023, following the conclusion of the Parish Council meeting which starts at 7.30pm, at the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre. Members of the public are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom – CLERK TO THE TRUSTEES Friday 21 July 2023
1. Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Previous Minutes: To receive and review the minutes of the meeting held on 23 March 2023.
3. Annual Report: To receive and accept the 2022/2023 Annual Report to submit to the Charity Commission.
4. Annual Accounts: To receive and accept the 2022/2023 Annual Accounts to submit to the Charity Commission.
5. Annual Independent Examination: To note the findings of the Annual Independent Examination to submit to the Charity Commission and consider any recommendations.
6. Appointment of Independent Examiner 2023/2024: To appoint an independent examiner for the Accounts for 2023/2024, proposed as Mulberry & Co and consider the offer for a long-term 3-year agreement for the provision of independent examiner services. For those councils choosing to take up this option, the £65 rate will be fixed for a three-year period.
7. 2023/24 Budget Monitoring: To note the budget monitoring report for the first quarter of 2023/24 including the Payments, Receipts, Bank Reconciliations, Balance Sheet and Income & Expenditure.
8. MSDC’s Community Energy Project Update: To receive a verbal update on the project which involves exploring the potential to enable more rural communities to generate and share renewable energy, limiting reliance on the grid and reducing carbon emissions e.g. solar panels on the Village Centre roof.
9. Future of Charity: To consider a briefing note that sets out the next steps to be taken to assist Trustees with making the decision whether to dissolve the Charity.10. Date of Next Meeting: To agree the date of the next meeting of Trustees proposed as 30 November 2023 to follow the