Council Members are summoned to attend the ANNUAL Meeting of the Council to be held on Thursday 27 May 2021 at 7.30pm in the Court Bushes Function Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to, attend the meeting. Please note all COVID guidelines must be adhered to:
1. Wear masks on entry and until seated. Masks must be worn if not seated.
2. Wash hands well or use hand sanitiser.
3. Follow the one way system, clockwise around the room.
4. Open doors and windows to allow air to circulate.
5. Public to sign in for Track and Trace.
6. Maximum room capacity of the Function Room is 24.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 21 May 2020
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.
N.B. The present Chairman of Council will be Chairman of the Meeting until the conclusion of item 1.
1. To elect the Chairman of the Council for the ensuing year and receive the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office as Chairman of the Council.
2. To receive and accept apologies for absence.
3. To receive and record declarations of interest.
4. To elect the Vice-Chairman of the Council for the ensuing year and receive the Vice-Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office as Vice-Chairman of the Council.
5. To elect Councillors to serve upon the Council’s Committees, Panels, Working Groups and Advisory Groups and to elect Chairs of each.
6. To consider the Terms of Reference, responsibilities and accountabilities of each Committee, Panel, Working Group and Advisory Group.
7. To appoint Council representatives to other organisations for 2021/22 and note the representatives assigned to informal groups.
8. To determine the time and place of ordinary meetings of the full Council up to and including the next annual meeting of full Council.
9. To receive and accept the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 29 April 2021.
10. To receive the minutes and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the following Committees and Panel.
10.1 Estates & Facilities Management Committee (4 May 2021)
10.2 Planning & Environment Committee (6 May 2021)
10.3 Strategic Policy and Resources Panel (17 May 2021) Recommendations as follows:
10.3.1 Local Government Boundary Commission Review of Mid Sussex: The Panel re-considered the draft response to the review being undertaken into the size of Mid Sussex District Council as instructed at the Council meeting on 29 April 2021 (Minute C20/21.129) it was: AGREED by the Panel that the letter would be amended and submitted to Council for final approval on 27 May 2021 before submission by 31 May 2021.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the letter in response to the Government Boundary Commission Review of the size of Mid Sussex District Council, to be submitted by 31 May 2021.
10.3.2 Call for Evidence for Local Authority Remote Meetings: From 4 April 2020 to 6 May 2021 local authorities were permitted to hold remote or hybrid meetings under the LA and PCC (Coronavirus) Flexibility of Meetings Regulations 2020. Since this was rescinded, local authorities have asked to respond to the government 12 week consultation by 17th June 2021. The Panel considered the questions posed and agreed responses to be recommend to Council and it was: AGREED by the Panel that responses to the questions would be drafted and presented to Council for final approval on 27 May 2021 before submission by 17 June 2021.
RECOMMENDATION: That Council AGREES the response to the Government’s call for evidence regarding remote meetings, to be submitted by 17 June 2021.
10.4 Finance & Governance Committee (20 May 2021) All recommendations are listed on the main agenda.
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to agree and adopt the minutes of the following Committees and Panel:
i. Estates & Facilities Management Committee (4 May 2021);
ii. Planning & Environment Committee (7 May 2020);
iii. Strategic Policy and Resources Panel (17 May 2021); and
iv. Finance & Governance Committee (21 May 2020).
11. Income and Expenditure for Year Ending 31 March 2021: To consider and agree the Income and Expenditure for Year Ending 31 March 2021.
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to agree and adopt the Income and Expenditure for Year Ending 31 March 2021.
12. Internal Audit Report Letter dated 23 April 2021: The Council is asked to consider and agree the Internal Audit Report Letter dated 23 April 2021 from Mulberry & Co. including any audit findings for action.
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to agree and adopt the Internal Audit Report dated 23 April 2021, noting the requirement to update the Physical & Financial Risk Assessments.
13. To consider and agree the Annual Governance and Accountability Return for the year ending 31 March 2021: The Council is asked to consider and agree the Annual Governance and Accountability Return for the year ending 31 March 2021 ensuring it accurately presents the financial management of the Council as required by the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 as follows:
13.1 To adopt Section 1: The Annual Governance Statement 2020/21.
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to agree and adopt the Section 1: Annual Governance Statement 2020/21.
13.2 To adopt Section 2: The Accounting Statement 2020/2021.
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to agree and adopt the Section 2: Accounting Statement 2020/2021.
13.3 To note Section 3: the signed Internal Audit Report 2020/2021.
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to note Section 3: the signed Internal Audit Report 2019/2020.
13.4 To agree the period of the publics’ right of inspection will be 15 June 2020 to 24 July 2020 (the Regulations require the period to include 30 workings days and the first ten working days of July).
RECOMMENDATION: The Council RESOLVES to agree and adopt the period of public inspection of the accounts as 15 June 2020 to 24 July 2020.
14. Delegations to Clerk: To review the Parish Council’s delegations to Clerk.
15. Standing Orders: To review the Parish Council’s Standing Orders.
16. Financial Regulations: To review the Parish Council’s Financial Regulations.
17. Asset Register: To review the inventory of land and assets including buildings and office equipment.
18. Insurable Risks: To confirm the arrangements for insurance cover in respect of all insurable risks.
19. Subscriptions: To review the Parish Council’s and/or staff subscriptions to other bodies.
20. Complaints Procedure: To review the Parish Council’s complaints procedure.
21. Freedom of Information: To review of the council’s policies, procedures and practices in respect of its obligations under freedom of information legislation.
22. Data Protection: To review of the council’s policies, procedures and practices in respect of its obligations under data protection legislation.
23. Media and Communications Policy: To review the council’s policy for dealing with the media.
24. Employment Policies: To Review of the council’s employment policies and procedures.
25. Risk Management: To review the Risk Policy Statement, Risk Management Strategy, Risk Register and Business Continuity Plan.
26. To consider whether to adjourn the Meeting in accordance with Standing Orders to receive questions from members of the public in attendance.
27. To receive written reports from Representatives of other Authorities:
27.1 Mid Sussex District Council (MSDC)
27.2 West Sussex County Council (WSCC)
27.3 Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils (MSALC)
28. The Council is asked to note any information items, correspondence received or requests.