Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 17 December 2020 at 7.30pm using Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the email@example.com before 4pm on 17 December 2020 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 11 December 2020
1. Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 26 November 2020 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 Association of Local Councils: To receive a verbal update on the associations for local councils for West Sussex (WSALC), Mid Sussex (MSALC) and Surrey & Sussex (SSALC).
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (3 December 2020) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Finance & Governance Committee (10 December 2020) Recommendations for Council.
6.2.1 Draft Budget 2021/2022: The Committee considered the Briefing Note and draft Council budget for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 and agreed to recommend it to Council on 17 December 2020 as a draft for consideration and comments. The final budget will be presented to the 28 January 2021 Council meeting for adoption.
RESOLVED: To agree the draft Council budget for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 and recommend it to Council on 17 December 2020 for consideration and comments.
7. Proposed Budget 2021/2022: To consider the draft budget for 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 and agree any changes for the Finance & Governance Committee to incorporate into the final draft at their meeting on 21 January 2021, which will then be presented to Council on 28 January 2021 for approval and adoption.
8. Standing Orders: To consider and adopt the Parish Council’s Standing Order which were last reviewed and adopted by the Council on 26 September 2019.
9. Code of Conduct for Members: – To consider and adopt the Parish Council’s Code of Conduct for Members which was last reviewed and adopted by the Council on 25 July 2019.
10. Health & Safety Policy. To consider and re-adopt the Parish Council’s Health & Safety Policy which was last reviewed and adopted by the Council on 25 July 2019.
11. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests: To note any items.
The Council is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
12. South Avenue UKPN Wayleave: To receive a verbal update on the request for a wayleave from UK Power Networks.
13. Staff Panel: To consider a recommendation from the Staff Panel which met on 7 December 2020.