Dear Members of the Council,
Council Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Council to be held on Thursday 28 January 2021 at 7.30pm using Microsoft Teams.
Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the virtual meeting using Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm on 28 January 2021 to be sent an electronic invitation.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council Friday 22 January 2021
Apologies for Absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
Declarations of Interest: To receive and record any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting of the Council: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 17 December 2020 Council meeting.
4. Adjournment for Questions from the Public: To consider adjourning the meeting, to receive questions from members of the public in accordance with Standing Orders.
5. Reports from Other Authorities: To receive reports from representatives of other authorities:
5.1 West Sussex County Council
5.2 Mid Sussex District Council
5.3 West Sussex Association of Local Councils & Mid Sussex Association of Local Councils
6. Committee Minutes: To receive and where appropriate, consider the recommendations of the:
6.1 Planning & Environment Committee (7 January 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.2 Community Engagement Committee (14 January 2021) No recommendations for Council.
6.3 Finance & Governance Committee (21 January 2021) No recommendations for Council.
7. Calendar of Meetings 2021/2022: To consider and agree a provisional list of meeting dates for 2021/2022 to be ratified at the May 2021 Council meeting.
8. Footpath Naming Proposal: To consider a briefing note outlining proposals to informally name part of Footpath Hu63, the Ian Nelson Walk.
9. Internal Audit Interim Report: To review the interim report from the internal auditor Mulberry & Co, for the period 1 April 2020 to December 2020 and consider the recommendations.
10. Information Items, Correspondence Received and Requests: To note any items.
10.1 The Mid Sussex District Council Chairman’s Civic Service has been provisionally booked for Saturday 24 April 2021, from 11am-12pm on South Avenue Recreation Ground, led by Rev Jane Willis of the Holy Trinity Church, and afterwards at the New Inn.
The Council is asked to RESOLVE that in view of the confidential nature of the following item, the press and public be excluded under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
11. South Avenue: UK Power Networks Wayleave: To receive a verbal update on the request for a Wayleave from UK Power Networks.
12. South Avenue: Southern Gas Networks Deed of Easement: To receive a verbal update on the request for a Deed of Easement from Southern Gas Networks.