Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 18 November 2021 at 7.30pm in the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 12 November 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Duncan Ranger (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Peter Griffiths, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, (plus one vacancy).
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 14 October 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts for Month 7 (October 2021): To note:
5.1 Payments of £29,794.27 (excl. VAT).
5.2 Receipts of £9,314.25 (VAT Not Applicable).
6. Financial monitoring for Month 7 (October 2021): To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations.
6.2 Balance Sheet.
6.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
7. Deposits and investment:
7.1 To note that as of 31 October 2021, the Parish Council held the following balances:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||N/A||£449,949.00|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,336.72|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||21/06/2022||£48,000.00|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||14/11/2021||£36,559.10|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/12/2021||£85,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||13/01/2022||£85,000.00|
7.2 To note the Cambridge & Counties 3 Year Fixed Term Bond holding £36,559.10 + £804.30 interest (total £37,363.40), matured on 14 November 2021 and to agree which of the Parish Council’s options to take, as set out in the letter dated 1 November 2021.
7.3 To note that on 31 October 2021 a further £46,397.70 is held with the CCLA in shares.
7.4 To note the Nat West Liquidity Manager account is in the final stages of being opened and will hold £85,000.
8. Annual Charges Review 2022/23: To review the briefing note setting out the schedule of annual charges recommendations for 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 and to recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the the proposed schedule of charges for 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 and recommends it to Council for adoption.
9. Draft Budget 2022/23 for F&G: To review and assess the Finance & Governance Committee budget requirements for 2022/23 including staffing costs.
10. Parish Action Plan: To review the Parish Action Plan Version 18.
11. Emergency Plan: To consider a revised version of the Emergency Plan and recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the revised Emergency Plan and recommends it to Council for adoption.
12. Winter Plan: To review the Winter Plan and recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the revised Winter Plan and recommends it to Council for adoption.
13. Remembrance Sunday Costs: To agree the budget code for the costs associated with the 2021 Remembrance Sunday road closure. At Council on 23 September 2021 (Minute Ref: C21/22.063), Members agreed to provide the support required to manage the road closure for the Remembrance Day parade and underwrite any associated costs. The road closure costs are: signage (£329+VAT), VHF Radios hire (£80+VAT), orange road barrier hire (£30+VAT) and a battery powered PA System (£26+VAT) for the outdoor service. In future the signage will only require new date overlays at a cost of approx. £4 per sign x 17 signs. The civic poppy wreath (£18.50) is charged to 5240-301 Community Engagement Grants as it is a donation to the Poppy Appeal. In future it is proposed that an electrical supply is added to the Bus Shelter at the War Memorial so that an electronic PA system can be used at a cost of approx. £800. This can be coded to Community Engagement Tourism and Attractiveness budget (301 5610).
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to code the cost of the poppy wreath of £18.50 to the Community Engagement- Grants budget (5240-301) and all other costs (a total of £465) to Community Engagement budget – Tourism and Attractiveness (5610-301).
14. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.