Committee Members are summoned to attend the MEETING of the Finance & Governance Committee to be held on Thursday 9 December 2021 at 7.30pm in the Hurstpierpoint Village Centre Conference Room. Members of the public have a right to and are invited to attend the meeting.
Please note we strongly recommend the Government’s COVID guidelines are followed.
Sarah Groom, Clerk to the Council & Responsible Finance Officer Friday 3 December 2021
Committee Membership: Cllr Malcolm Llewellyn (Chair), Cllr Duncan Ranger (Vice-Chair), Cllr Allan Brown, Cllr Rodney Jackson, Cllr Seth Jee, Cllr John Lowman, Cllr Claire Majsai, (plus two vacancies).
- Apologies for absence: To receive and accept apologies for absence.
- Declarations of interest: To note any declarations of interest.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Finance & Governance Committee: To receive and adopt the minutes of the 18 November 2021 Finance & Governance Committee meeting.
4. Adjournment for questions from the public: To consider adjourning the meeting in accordance with Standing Orders, to receive questions from members of the public.
5. Payments and receipts for Month 8 (November 2021): To note:
5.1 Payments of £57,903.29 (excl. VAT).
5.2 Receipts of £10,622.30 (VAT Not Applicable).
6. Financial monitoring for Month 8 (November 2021): To note the account records in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Parish Council, as follows:
6.1 Bank Reconciliations.
6.2 Balance Sheet.
6.3 Detailed Income and Expenditure by Budget Heading.
7. Deposits and investment:
7.1 To note that as of Month 8 (November 2021), the Parish Council held the following balances:
|Financial Institution||Account Type||Maturity Date||Amount|
|Unity Trust||Current account||N/A||£396,557.69|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||21/06/2022||£48,000.00|
|Nationwide||95 Day Savings Account||95 days’ notice||£84,336.72|
|Cambridge & Counties BS||3 Year Fixed Term Bond||28/11/2022||£50,000.00|
|United Trust Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||17/12/2021||£85,000.00|
|Hodge Bank||1 Year Fixed Term||13/01/2022||£85,000.00|
7.2 To note the funds held in CCLA shares on 30 November 2021.
7.3 To note the Cambridge & Counties 3 Year Fixed Term Bond holding £36,559.10 + £804.30 interest (total £37,363.40), matured on 14 November 2021 and the decision made at the last Committee, to reinvest the balance and increase it to £50,000 in a one year fixed bond, was actioned.
7.4 To consider the United Trust Bank one year fixed term bond which matures on 17 December 2021 and to agree which of the Parish Council’s options to take, as set out in the letter dated 1 December 2021.
7.5 To consider the Hodge Bank one year fixed term bond which matures on 13 January 2022 and to agree which of the Parish Council’s options to take, as set out in the letter dated 30 November 2021.
7.6 To note the difficulties opening the Nat West Liquidity Manager account and hope it is in the final stages of being opened and will hold £85,000.
8. Internal Audit Letter: To consider the contents of the internal audit letter dated 23 November 2021 form Mulberry & Co. and agree any recommendations arising from it.
9. Wasabi Agreement: To consider and agree the 2021/22 (in retrospect) and 2022/23 agreement with Wasabi, for the provision of our website and support.
10. Insurance: To note the new asset values for the Chantry Stables, Chapel, public toilets, bus shelters and Court Bushes Community Hub have been advised to BHIB Insurance and they have updated their schedules. A fee of £160 has been incurred.
11. Street Lighting Loan: To consider the costs of repaying the street lighting public works loans board loan in full, and recommend its full repayment to Council.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES to recommend the full repayment of the Public Works Loan Board loan to Council.
12. Draft Budget 2022/23: To consider the Parish Council budget requirements for 2022/23 including staffing costs, and recommend the budget to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the draft Budget for 2022/2023 and recommends it to Council for adoption.
13. Parish Action Plan: To review the Parish Action Plan Version 19 and recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the revised Action Plan Version 19 and recommends it to Council for adoption.
14. Asset Register: To consider a revised version of the Asset Register and recommend it to Council for adoption.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Committee AGREES the revised Asset Register and recommends it to Council for adoption.
15. To note any further information items, correspondence received or requests.
Protocol for filming and recording at public meetings: The Council has a protocol for public filming, recording and photography at its meetings, which is available on the Council’s website or on request at the Parish Office.